How can you find out how many people have the mineral rights to a well?

Hi, got a division order from energy company saying well has started producing, no payments yet. I have no idea how many people are involved, any way to find that out?

I could easily look up leases and oil company recorded documents on the NDRIN Recorders Network and get the majority of owners. To make absolutely sure you have them all, you are going to have to research or hire the research done to find all heirs that have not been leased or do not have deeds. There can be hundreds of owners in a 2 section spacing and how many people really has no bearing on what you have. 1person could have 640 acres and the other 640 acres could be divided by 300 people. I think the number of net mineral acres that you yourself have is the most important data point followed by how much you leased for, if indeed you have leased. If you are not leased, in your place, I would want to know the net mineral acres and the production of the well. If you need help finding production numbers I can help if you post the township range and section.

Thanks much for responding. The parameters are lot2 3-154-97, OG, Active, Williams cty. I have approximately 4 net mineral acres. Cheers, KJ

r w kennedy said:

I could easily look up leases and oil company recorded documents on the NDRIN Recorders Network and get the majority of owners. To make absolutely sure you have them all, you are going to have to research or hire the research done to find all heirs that have not been leased or do not have deeds. There can be hundreds of owners in a 2 section spacing and how many people really has no bearing on what you have. 1person could have 640 acres and the other 640 acres could be divided by 300 people. I think the number of net mineral acres that you yourself have is the most important data point followed by how much you leased for, if indeed you have leased. If you are not leased, in your place, I would want to know the net mineral acres and the production of the well. If you need help finding production numbers I can help if you post the township range and section.

The Willey 31X-3 located in T-154 R- 97 section 3, has produced 41,229 barrels of oil from March to September of this year.

Thanks much for the info!!! KJ

r w kennedy said:

The Willey 31X-3 located in T-154 R- 97 section 3, has produced 41,229 barrels of oil from March to September of this year.

Ms. Johnson, you are welcome. To know the acutal production numbers of my wells always made them seem more real to me.

Mr. Kennedy,I would like to know how much the delores-sand well in antelope oil field has produced since oil has been producing out of it, you told me a few months ago but you could only get readings on a few months of production, also how long do you think an oil company would name 4 wells and not do anything with them? We have the 4 wells named for horses also--mustang, arabian, pinto, morgan...thanks very much for the information that you provide.

All permits represent potential wells and are confidential. Most operators name the wells even if they never drill them. You have to call the wells/ potential wells something, even if it's just blankety blank #1, #2 and so on. The Delores Sand 29-32H is a very nice well having produced 96,123 bbl of oil in 6 months with september being the last month I have numbers for. The very gentle decline curve of this well leads me to believe that they are choking it back. This well should easily pay for itself in 2 years and probably less, even at todays prices. I think this spacing would be an excellent candidate for more wells. Interesting that It is classed as a Sanish formation well, Your Dunn county minerals are close to mine and they are surrounded by production. I think it likely that you will have a well and probably two wells in T-149 R-93 section 32 in the next year. It's a great area also.

Daniel Stclaire said:

Mr. Kennedy,I would like to know how much the delores-sand well in antelope oil field has produced since oil has been producing out of it, you told me a few months ago but you could only get readings on a few months of production, also how long do you think an oil company would name 4 wells and not do anything with them? We have the 4 wells named for horses also--mustang, arabian, pinto, morgan...thanks very much for the information that you provide.

To both of you… The area u mentioned 32-149-93… Are my wells its called the 4 horses-- Arabian Morgan pinto & mustang its located in dunn county I have the deeds n legal dox for them… Its been producing for years and I get gas & oil payments on it…

So as far as you are all concerned you can quit googling n looking up info on them and saying you own them… And FYI theres only 4 owners to them…