How are lease rates trending in area of BLK C-17?

Hello. Been reading MRF on and off for over 5 years since we first received an offer to lease the mineral rights on inherited land at the above Reeves County location. We own 150 acres of an undivided interest in 600 acres. Our 5 yr lease with Cimarex is up June 1. We haven’t heard from them yet about a new lease. Before contacting the company I want to get a realistic idea of lease bonuses being offered in the area. Does anyone know anything? I’d also like to know if the area has a local name. I’ve noticed that some areas do. It is 12 miles NW of Toyah on 222 just south of the intersection with 321. Lastly, are there any tips I should be aware of before approaching the company about their intentions regarding a new lease? Thanks!

I thought I was posting there. Thanks so much for calling my attention to my mixup.

What’s the property name…section, township, block, and range will help get your questions answered more quickly. You haven’t provided enough information.

Thanks for asking. We have an undivided interest in 130 acres in AB1398 BLK C-17 SEC 13 PSL and 20 acres in AB4137 BLK-C17 SEC 13 PSL. The extended family’s 450 acres is adjacent/contiguous, but I don’t have their ID specifics. I’m needing to get a sense of what nma leases are going for in this area. Cimarex has had all 600 acres leases for the past 5 years. I’ve been spending many hours searching and have found the most info from the GLO map. Mineralinterest.com only has one somewhat nearby property listed. I understand that they got their info from owners like us reporting in.

I am an partner in a company that owns property in Reeves County and am somewhat familiar with the geological and hydrocarbon deposits in Reeves County. I have tried to examine the location of your property in “AB1398, BLKG-17, Section 13PSL” and can not locate it through Google. Do you have any other description of the property? If so, I will be more than happy to pinpoint your lease and give you an unbiased, free opinion of the formations I think might be availible to you in your subsequent discussions with companies that could lease your property. I have been in upstream drilling, completion, production and workover operations since I got out of the US Army in 1974 and have additional experience in secondary and tertiary recovery production operations as well.

My best regards,

Stephen Watkins

1 Like

CKP’s minerals are in BLK C-17 not G-17. SEC 13 shares a section line with the well on the section in this link.