Houston County Texas Lease Offer

I've been contacted by a landmen regarding my mineral interest in Houston County Texas. The original offer was $250/ mineral acre, 1/5th royalty, 3yr with 3yr option to extend for an additional $250/ mineral acre. Through my research I have discovered this to be a low ball offer, before being able to contact the landmen to decline the offer he has now called and offered $300/ mineral acre. Just wondering what other landowners have been able to neg. As I understand it activity has increased in this area and I would like to take advantage of the opportunity if it's there.

This must be some of that cheap Bunch from Beaumont working for Burke Royalty and Navidad.

Get a minimum of $500 for no longer than three year's and forget the 2 year option.

Where the minerals are and how much also makes a difference. It's had to say when you don't know where they are.

Where is your land located, we also have mineral rights in Houston County, We don't have alot of acres so that is a factor. But I agree with Walter 500.00 is a good place to start. Seems the 1/5 is standard. If you are familar with the TRRC you can check out the recent activity for drilling.

Property is located on the S T Beasley Survey A-1274, I plan to contact Buudy Cotten for representation.

Great idea, if you don't mind me asking where exactly is that survery. Our minerals are in one of the F De valle surveys. From the post's I've seen of Mr. Cotton's he will do well for you. God Bless

TxBrangus said:

Property is located on the S T Beasley Survey A-1274, I plan to contact Buudy Cotten for representation.

Property is 7 miles south of Crockett going towards Lovelady off of hwy 19. The CR is 4030

I have land also off hwy. 19 south of Crockett going toward Lovelady. It is aprox. 3 miles from the Loop in Crockett and 2 miles down CR 4015. I was contacted yesterday from a guy from Big Creek Energy working for Devon. Does anyone know anything about them and what the going leasing rate is?

Thanks!

Sandy

TxBrangus said:

Property is 7 miles south of Crockett going towards Lovelady off of hwy 19. The CR is 4030