Hossel Oil and Gas

Anyone heard of Ryan Hess from this company. We received a call that appears to be a robocall from him. Checking on-line I can find no such company, although I CAN find an exact replica of the call we received.

They are calling a lot of owners in the area. I get several calls a month from them on various properties. It’s actually Halsell Oil & Gas and they’ve executed quite a purchases in Martin County since the decline of oil and gas in March.

I always suggest that mineral owners get an appraisal before they sell, especially if the minerals have been producing. There are also ways to check historical production on the Railroad Commission viewer https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/.

Thank you! That’s very helpful. I was unaware I had mineral rights in Martin County. Someone contacted me a while back, indicating he was a researcher and had tracked me down from virtual flowers I had left for a grave, after checking the person’s obit and looking up the grave site. Pretty good researcher. He did not want to tell me more, though, as he indicated he wasn’t supposed to speak with me. Thus, I only knew I had inherited rights of which I was unaware. I didn’t know where. I do have others in Midland (and some in OK), but, if the robocall is correct, the others are in Martin, apparently.

The first place I would start is with the County tax assessor of both Midland and Martin County. You want to check on this right away because they will sell assets for nonpayment of property taxes. If you aren’t sure what you own, start with a quick free search on Texas File of your relative’s name.

Thank you. I actually did not find anything in Martin. However, I was surprised to find Ector. Appears the rights were conveyed from my grandfather half to my father (I am thinking the other half to my grandmother as my father was an only child) the year my grandfather died. Does not appear they were conveyed to any heir upon my father’s death. If never drilled or leased, I’m thinking there are no taxes owed. I could not find a record of a lease. The year conveyed to my dad was 1978, the year dad died was 2001. Midland is leased to Pioneer, is producing, and I’ve paid taxes on that. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.