Horizontal Well Royalties : Yoakum TX

Hello,

I’m helping my father in managing some of his royalties. in reviewing deeds, I see that he has s/2 of sw/4 and ne/4 of sw/4 of abstract 473, block d, john gibson survey in Yoakum, TX. In reviewing the RRC GIS viewer, there appear to be horizontal wells whose path goes through the described minerals; but he’s not getting any royalty checks associated with the wells.

how should I proceed in assisting him with this matter?

David

1 Like

I would start with contacting the operator. Money may be in suspense or they were fraced some time ago and the dollar amount now is under $100. So a check will not be issued until that threshold has been reached. MK

As @Mikro1TX noted, this might be as simple as providing an updated mailing address, or it could end up with an attorney trying to work through the options of an unleased mineral owner. If you have any supporting documents like old or current leases, division orders, pay stubs with owner numbers, it is good if you can share this information with the operator (Steward Energy II), to help the process along. You may have to verify title and be sure that the mineral rights were not willed, gifted, sold or lost at a tax sale. The production on the wells in A-473 looks reasonable so it is probably worth making some phone calls.

1 Like

It is possible that there are no take points under your father’s land. If so, the oil company would still have needed a written agreement to go through his land,

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.