Homestead Wind inquiry

Hi group, My land is located in Williams County, North Dakota. T157 R103 S15. My land was ‘permitted’ for wells a few years back before oil prices dropped. The company did two geological surveys and I leased to Halcon at $500. per acre 20% royalties for a three year lease. Nothing was drilled. Fast forward to last Friday when a received a call from a representative of Homestead Wind. He left a message and will call back on Monday. Has anyone dealt with this company? I’ve looked at the website and it is interesting. As a steward of the land, I want to make informed decisions Thanks All, Deborah

1 Like

I am near you (T158) and people have contacted me about Wind Farm business and I have always said no. I don’t want to sign a 45 year lease and have 30-40 feet deep concrete in my land. My opinion. I’ll stick with oil and farming lentils. I’m surprised you haven’t had any oil drilling… it’s crazy good now.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I’ve seen a lot of activity on the NDIC site in our area. You make good points about wind farms. Thanks!

I just returned from the TX NARO convention and listened to several good talks regarding wind and solar leasing. My takeaway was that those types of leases are very different from oil and gas leases and last for many decades. Get a good attorney if you you decide to do either as there are some very specific clauses that you would need to negotiate.

1 Like

M. Barnes, I always look for your well informed opinions. Thanks! Oil isn’t going anywhere so I’m content to keep my virgin land as pasture for now. Deborah

This Norwegian lady is on the same page as you, ValdresNorway.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.