Hockley Co., Texas drilling activity

Does anyone know the location of where Concho is drilling the first well in Hockley County? I have mineral interests in Labor 1, League 7 and Labor 21, League 6. This seems to be the area that Concho is interested int.

Bob Myers

Concho is currently drilling their first well in nearby Terry County to the south.

To my knowledge, nothing is being drilled in Hockely at present, but that could change any time.

The first wildcat well by Empresa Energy has been drilled in southern Hockley County. It is located 6 miles NW of Ropesville, or roughly 3 miles SE of the Arnett Gin. The well is the Murphy 61, located in LGE 13 Labor 61 of Howard CSL - API # 219-37233. It was a horizonal drill with a target depth of 13,000 ft. It has supposedly just been fracked. This is an important well for the area, so any early input on results is appreciated.

Not far away, in northern Terry County, Concho has drilled another important wildcat well called the "Red Headed Stranger". It is listed as being 12.3 miles Northwest of Brownfield. Again, any feedback on results is appreciated.

JW

I have been posting on the Terry County Group. My family has mineral rights in Terry and Hockley county Here is the latest I found on Concho. I just cut and pasted it. There is a lot of good information if you go on the Cline Shale Group as well. Thanks

Craig

I went on Concho Resources website to view their second quarter results. They completed their first Horizontal well in Terry County (Red Headed Stranger) and are going to be drilling a second one. Here is a portion from their conference call with CEO Timothy Leach. Here is the link to the full transcript if you would like to read more. The references about Terry County are on pages 1 and 6 of the transcript.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/796511-concho-resources-ceo-discuss...

During the second quarter, we completed our first horizontal Cline well in Terry County in the Northern Midland Basin and plan on spudding our second horizontal Cline latter this year.

Operator

Your next question will come from the line of Irene Haas with Wunderlich Securities.

Irene Haas- Wunderlich Securities Inc.

Hi, I have two questions. Firstly, in the Midland basin, you are active in Terry County. Just kind of want to know the competitive landscape, who else is around. And I assume your first well is Red Headed Stranger and has it hit 30 days yet. And the second well, you’re going to drill, would you consider drilling more wells in Terry County? So that’s my first question. The second one is Pecos County. My quick question for you is, do you like it as much as Reeves County. And then, how do you pick zones that you that you like sort of 1000 plus for the feet of section?

Timothy A. Leach

That was more than two questions, I think Irene.

Irene Haas- Wunderlich Securities Inc.

Okay.

Timothy A. Leach

All right, let’s go, Terry County. We are being pretty guarded on what we say about that for competitive reasons and that is just early. So now our first well hasn’t been on for 30 days. The competitive nature of it. There are operators from very small independents to major oil companies that have acreage in that play.

JW Anderson said:

The first wildcat well by Empresa Energy has been drilled in southern Hockley County. It is located 6 miles NW of Ropesville, or roughly 3 miles SE of the Arnett Gin. The well is the Murphy 61, located in LGE 13 Labor 61 of Howard CSL - API # 219-37233. It was a horizonal drill with a target depth of 13,000 ft. It has supposedly just been fracked. This is an important well for the area, so any early input on results is appreciated.

Not far away, in northern Terry County, Concho has drilled another important wildcat well called the "Red Headed Stranger". It is listed as being 12.3 miles Northwest of Brownfield. Again, any feedback on results is appreciated.

it is interesting there have been no recent updates on this thread -- has anyone heard anything new on the well NW or Ropesville ? It would be appreciated, thanks.

JW Anderson said:

Here's Concho's Aug 9 response when asked about the "Red Headed Stranger" in Terry County:

We are being pretty guarded on what we say about that for competitive reasons
and that is just early. So now our first well hasn’t been on for 30 days. The
competitive nature of it. There are operators from very small independents to
major oil companies that have acreage in that play.

Getting to your question about the one NW of Ropesville, I don't have any more information. It will be likely be very slow coming from official channels. I had hoped someone who lives in the area might be able to comment.

Thanks, JW --- not even DrillingInfo.com's site is "updated" concerning this one...so, yes, maybe someone who lives around could comment. Anyone know how long they have before having to report specifics to the RR Commission?

JW Anderson said:

Here's Concho's Aug 9 response when asked about the "Red Headed Stranger" in Terry County:

Getting to your question about the one NW of Ropesville, I don't have any more information. It will be likely be very slow coming from official channels. I had hoped someone who lives in the area might be able to comment.

I know an oil and gas attorney who told me that the Red Headed Strangler initial results is a DRY HOLE! Concho had sunk so much money into it exploring it as a possible horizontal site and basically came up with close to NOTHING. Concho went back in and filed an amended drilling permit to a vertical well, but that application was not accepted due to paperwork errors. Also, Concho has removed all of the drilling equipment from the site, and it has been gone for over a month now. Definitely tells me it is a DRY HOLE. Sorry.

Harry Cox said:

Thanks, JW --- not even DrillingInfo.com's site is "updated" concerning this one...so, yes, maybe someone who lives around could comment. Anyone know how long they have before having to report specifics to the RR Commission?

JW Anderson said:

Hi Harry. Technically, reporting requirements for new producing wells is like 60 days after the production begins. But I think Texas RR Commission also grants them an additional 180 day grace period if the producer request a delay. So it could be 8 months before the initial production reports are filed with the Texas RR Commission. Unfortunately though for the well you are asking about, you don't need a 8 month waiting period to see that Concho came up empty on Red Headed Stanger.

Harry Cox said:

JW Anderson said:

Robert: Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about the other wells in Terry or Hockley County? In particular the well Epresa Energy is drilling in southern Hockley County? It is located 6 miles NW of Ropesville, or roughly 3 miles SE of the Arnett Gin. The well is the Murphy 61, located in LGE 13 Labor 61 of Howard CSL - API # 219-37233

Thanks.

Robert Tilden said:

I know an oil and gas attorney who told me that the Red Headed Strangler initial results is a DRY HOLE! Concho had sunk so much money into it exploring it as a possible horizontal site and basically came up with close to NOTHING. Concho went back in and filed an amended drilling permit to a vertical well, but that application was not accepted due to paperwork errors. Also, Concho has removed all of the drilling equipment from the site, and it has been gone for over a month now. Definitely tells me it is a DRY HOLE. Sorry.

Harry Cox said:

JW Anderson said:

Thanks ---

If what you also said about a re-filed permit is true, they could have gone ahead and removed the equipment while they correct the issues. From what I know about some of the leases, they didn't really have that tied up totally...unless they are planning reverse integration, but would think they'd have had to do that prior to filing for the permit...If they are required to finalize leasing, that could take several months

Thanks for your good info!

Robert Tilden said:

Hi Harry. Technically, reporting requirements for new producing wells is like 60 days after the production begins. But I think Texas RR Commission also grants them an additional 180 day grace period if the producer request a delay. So it could be 8 months before the initial production reports are filed with the Texas RR Commission. Unfortunately though for the well you are asking about, you don't need a 8 month waiting period to see that Concho came up empty on Red Headed Stanger.

Harry Cox said:

JW Anderson said:

JW, Empressa is drilling, but is Concho involved in that one, too?

No, these are two totally separate wells and operators. Empressa has the one NW of Ropes in Hockley County, and Concho has the "Red Headed Stranger" in Terry County. They are probably both of interest to the Hockley County folks because of their proximity.

Hi JW, No, I haven't heard anything about any of the other wells, but if I do, I will post the info. Thanks.

JW Anderson said:

Robert: Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about the other wells in Terry or Hockley County? In particular the well Epresa Energy is drilling in southern Hockley County? It is located 6 miles NW of Ropesville, or roughly 3 miles SE of the Arnett Gin. The well is the Murphy 61, located in LGE 13 Labor 61 of Howard CSL - API # 219-37233

Thanks.

Robert Tilden said:

Harry Cox said:

JW Anderson said: