Historical lease help

Hi , was contacted by Tug Hill about leasing mineral rights . Come to find out there is a Well already on property. (not sure if producing), was informed that they could not lease because of historical lease . Is there someone that could give me info on this ? I have received money from a lease in the past .

It might be worth digging in to the title on the property. You could find out whether there is actually a well still on the property or not. If there is and it has been producing, the old lease will still be effective. Then Tug Hill will only ask you for a modification of the old lease. If there is not, or if it hasn’t been producing, then you should be negotiating a new lease.

Thank you Kyle . I will look into going that route .

Ask them for an API number for the well. Contact WV DEP or jump on their website and search for production figures. Happy to help if you need it.

Bishop084 I will take all the help you could give me . I really haven’t a clue

Srichey, Taking a guess that the last name is Richey. If so you can go to the marshallcountywv.org site and search your name for historical records. Once on the site click on the County Clerks Office and then click the Online Search button on the right. In the first screen that comes up type in your last name and hit enter. Numerous documents will appear some of which might help in your search. Near the bottom there are several related to Oil & Gas leases and DPU’s. Good luck. If you have a parcel number we can probably find the well number associated with that specific area.

Srichey,

It would be hard to believe that Tug Hill wouldn’t have already done their due diligence if they plan to develop a unit. When Tug Hill contacted you, did they offer an amendment to the existing lease? If there is an older well(s) holding the production (HBP), Tug Hill will need to amend the existing lease to include your mineral interest in a Marcellus shale unit(s). API # and/or District with tax parcel info would help me answer your question.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.