Hill County, TX Oil & Gas Discussions archives

Clint-

Than you so much for the information. I appreciate this. I wonder how long this wil take? In your opinion? It has been 7 years already. I hope you have a nice day also and thank you again.

John-

I hope you got some nice fish and had fun fishing. Hope prices go up then, in that case. I will let you know hat the survey info is when I find out

John-

I found out the survey names. They are Thomas Watson and Daniel Boiles. Does this help you?

Hello Jenni,

T. Watson Survey is A-939 and D. Boiles Survey is A-66. From now on when asking about these parcels of minerals ask for the Abstract # and it's simple to find.

GIS Map of Hill County A-939 and A-66 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

Jenni, I see my friend Clint sent you the map, he very knowledgeable on data from the railroad commission web. Your surveys are about 5 miles west of Hillsboro and there was some activity a few years ago near them but nothing in recent years. And until gas prices improve a bunch, we can't expect anything positive now.

Thank you Clint! I appreciate any and all help. h lady at the clerk office said their was a 3rd one but I dint have additional info to provide her unfortunately. I will try and find additional info

john-

The last time it was leased was in 2008.i hope the gas prices skyrocket soon so we all benefit. Aparently it is on a barnet shale or something. unsure what that means

Clint what is your opinion? Do you feel this will lease this year and if so should I scout for companies or what should I do?

Hello Jenni,

The last approved permit for a well to be drilled in Hill County was by Bluestone Resources in September 2014 and I'm not sure that well was ever drilled. I wouldn't count on any wells being drilled until the price of natural gas increases quite a bit. I don't think it will do any good to call production companies right now as there is an over abundance of natural gas which is helping to suppress the price.

When we start exporting large amounts of natural gas to other countries that will run the price up some and could start some more drilling.

Clint Liles

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf