Hettinger County North Dakota

My sister and I own mineral rights in Hettinger County, N.D. I was recently informed of interest in leasing our mineral rights by the farmer who purchased our farm and shares mineral rights with us. I am curious if anyone can share information on mineral leasing and drilling activity in Hettinger County.

Here’s a website:

http://www.land.nd.gov/minerals/minerals.htm

Under oil and gas lease auction results, just enter the county and you can get some information about what some are paying, although not indicative of what everyone gets, as some of these may have been sold, rather than leased and a corporation v. private party.

floragold said:
Here's a website:

http://www.land.nd.gov/minerals/minerals.htm

Under oil and gas lease auction results, just enter the county and you can get some information about what some are paying, although not indicative of what everyone gets, as some of these may have been sold, rather than leased and a corporation v. private party.

Thanks for the info. Bill Heiser

A recent article suggests that some of Hettinger County may overlie the Tyler Formation, so interest in leasing in this county is starting to pick up.
http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/content.detail/id/549326/Formati…

Mr. Heiser,

I'm a new member of the forum and just read your inquiry of 8 months ago. I own mineral interests also in Hettinger and have been approached by a leasing company. If you have not already entered into a lease agreement with the farmer, I would suggest you contact leasing companies to see what offers you might get.

Jim

We leased our mineral rights in May and received very good compensation. We are quite pleased with what the leasing company was wiwlling to pay.

Bill

james r mayers said:

Mr. Heiser,

I'm a new member of the forum and just read your inquiry of 8 months ago. I own mineral interests also in Hettinger and have been approached by a leasing company. If you have not already entered into a lease agreement with the farmer, I would suggest you contact leasing companies to see what offers you might get.

Jim

Bill,

A leasing company has approached me with an offer of $400 per acre bonus, 1/6 royalty, for 3 years. Is this similar to your lease? Also, did you have an oil/gas attorney read your lease and advise you prior to your signing? Thanks for any help.

Jim

William Joseph Heiser, MD said:

We leased our mineral rights in May and received very good compensation. We are quite pleased with what the leasing company was wiwlling to pay.

Bill

james r mayers said:

Mr. Heiser,

Jim

My two cousins and I have mineral rights in Hettinger County and have been offered $550/acre, 1/6 th royalty. Though it started at $300/acre a month ago. We've all been away from home, working, etc so haven't yet figured out if that's a good deal or not.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks,

Ron