Here's hoping you get Fracked ! :))

We received a new division order a month ago..we signed it. Our royalty interest is very slight indeed on this one. I make note of this Well operation because to my knowledge it is one of the first Horizontal /Fracked wells we have been associated with.

Situated on the John Collom Survey A-167 and the Bryant Holmes Survey A-447. Described as the Arkia-Black Stone #1H Oil unit...one of the highest producing wells currently in Cass county...I hope someone else owns a larger royalty interest the check is going to blow you off your chair!!!

You will know it when your well is Fracked. The Oil production is huge compared to what we are familiar with. Here is an example of the production reports. Went from 1700 BBL to 7,581 BBl the next month!! The production has tapered off some as the months go by..now down to 3,000 BBL...and holding steady. But we are talking a 6 fold increase in revenue!!

We are now hoping that our FP Williams #1 well (not Fracked yet..but dreaming!!) get's Fracked we'd have to open a separate bank account just to handle the cash.

Here's hoping everyone gets Fracked soon:))

Mr. DeMary,

I show an ownership interest in A-167, John Collom Survey also.

I recently executed division orders for Davis and Fowler wells, with Lance Oil and Gas Production being the new operator. This is from a lease of many, many years ago, that i inherited. They were not willing to provide me with a copy of the lease but what was interesting/strange was that I had not received any royalty distributions in over 3-4 years... I was initially concerned that signing the division order ratified the lease. I was counseled to go ahead and sign as it did not change the terms of the lease and there are a lot of 0's to the right of the decimal point.

With that said I also have an interest in wells known as Cachere #1R, N. A. Rambo, Lewis & Wicks, D. A. Lewis, Bibby, Bibby #3, J. T. Stewart #4, Hiett, Stewart, Bivins, Whelan-Bivins, and J.K. Bivins, all in cass county with some being a part of A-167 or adjoining surveys.

Do you have any knowledge/information on these wells as I am yet to see any meaningful activity?

A-167 is a pretty large survey. Attached is a map centered on this survey - note all the "oil well" symbols. But according to DrillingInfo, only a few wells are active. These are the red (gas) and green (oil) dots on the map.

These active wells are summarized on the PDF list - not the Arkla Blackstone (horizontal in the northern part of the survey) is the best well by far (not latest production date info in BO and MCF per day rates).

The API numbers on the map match the last five digits on the list of wells.

Hope this helps

1640-CassCoA167ActiveProductionMap.pdf (1.41 MB) 1641-CassCoA167ActiveProduction.pdf (4.05 KB)

Also rumor is that Stroud may drill another well in this area - horizontal Cotton Valley / Bossier test. Not sure of location.

Hello William & all...

I am convinced there is a lot of black magic when it comes to the history related to ownership and ultimately division orders assigned. Landmen that track ownership today must use some powerful programs linked to several databases, combined with dusting off a fair share booked county records.

I believe the weak link in those databases probably begins with the families and generations of changed / lost names & address! I have found it very difficult to accurately track back deeds & leases that began in the 20's...

I don't believe any databases accurately track all of my Grandfathers activities in the Tex-Arkansas area...much less his two wives and all of his children. Then throw in the mix, land disputes, court hearings, bankruptcies, etc. I'm convinced most of us probably find ourselves in similar situations.

I wished there was some way an accurate history could be developed. My good mother always told me "Lee it would take a room full of Texas Oil lawyers to find all of my fathers interests." She did keep every document, Tax record, production runs, royalty payment, etc. for well over 80 of the 95 years she lived.

That said, I am trying to continue the search..and while doing that all of a sudden I get our newest division order..it just appeared in the mailbox a few weeks ago..a little of the Black Magic...I had No clue!

Find attached the BlackStone Plat...including interest owner list....Bedgood is our link.

William Douglas Archer said:

Mr. DeMary,

I recently executed division orders for Davis and Fowler wells, with Lance Oil and Gas Production being the new operator. This is from a lease of many, many years ago, that i inherited. They were not willing to provide me with a copy of the lease but what was interesting/strange was that I had not received any royalty distributions in over 3-4 years... I was initially concerned that signing the division order ratified the lease. I was counseled to go ahead and sign as it did not change the terms of the lease and there are a lot of 0's to the right of the decimal point.

With that said I also have an interest in wells known as Cachere #1R, N. A. Rambo, Lewis & Wicks, D. A. Lewis, Bibby, Bibby #3, J. T. Stewart #4, Hiett, Stewart, Bivins, Whelan-Bivins, and J.K. Bivins, all in cass county with some being a part of A-167 or adjoining surveys.

Do you have any knowledge/information on these wells as I am yet to see any meaningful activity?

1639-StroudArklaBlackstone1Hc.pdf (714 KB)

William, If you had not received payments for a number of years, you might want to invest some time in researching whether the lease had lapsed for non-production so you can get out from under that old lease and negotiate a new one.

Hello Wade,
I just did a little reading on the Mineral Rights Forum tonight. I'd say I might be a few years late in your case?? Are you still actively doing history searches for mineral rights owners? Below is a comment, I posted a few years ago. It summarizes our situation probably not different from many other families.

Do you believe you could help with the black magic of unknown ownership in our situation. I have a lot of my mother's paper work / files related to old Oil & Gas leases her father George R. Westbrook in the Texarkana area, back in the teens was very active in the land/tree/oil business..a Wildcatter . Our known mineral rights are in Cass County.
Jeff Mays did some filings for me a few years back in several Counties around & near the area. Example Harrison, Panola, Miller, Cass, Bowie.
Below an excerpt form the forum:
And a Picture added box of Mom's records

Hello William & all...
I am convinced there is a lot of black magic when it comes to the history related to ownership and ultimately division orders assigned. Landmen that track ownership today must use some powerful programs linked to several databases, combined with dusting off a fair share booked county records.
I believe the weak link in those databases probably begins with the families and generations of changed / lost names & address! I have found it very difficult to accurately track back deeds & leases that began in the 20's...
I don't believe any databases accurately track all of my Grandfathers activities in the Tex-Arkansas area...much less his two wives and all of his children. Then throw in the mix, land disputes, court hearings, bankruptcies, etc. I'm convinced most of us probably find ourselves in similar situations.
I wished there was some way an accurate history could be developed. My good mother always told me "Lee it would take a room full of Texas Oil lawyers to find all of my fathers interests." She did keep every document, Tax record, production runs, royalty payment, etc. for well over 80 of the 95 years she lived.
That said, I am trying to continue the search..and while doing that all of a sudden I get our newest division order..it just appeared in the mailbox a few weeks ago..a little of the Black Magic...I had No clue!
Find attached the BlackStone Plat...including interest owner list....Bedgood is our link.

William Douglas Archer said:
Mr. DeMary,
Attachments:
• Stroud Arkla-Blackstone #1Hc.pdf, 714 KB Delete

2069-MothersOilPapersresizedforemail.jpg (168 KB)