Help please! regarding companies trying to purchase my in-laws mineral rights

My in-laws own mineral rights on Sec. 25-8n-7w in Grady County and

Section 30-8n-6w. Their are companies offering from $1000 per acre to $4,500 per acre

to purchase the mineral rights. Is Continental Resources drilling in this section? Have any wells near this section been drilled and producing? Any help will be great!

thks

Gary

Oklahoma?

Hello Gary,

I would suggest you join the Grady County Forum Group and I'm sure some of the members will answer your question. Good luck. Here is a link to the Grady County Group:

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/grady-county-ok-oil-gas

Clint Liles

I did join. Just trying to figure out how to get on open discussion boards?

thks

Gary, I would be asking my in-laws if they need the money bad enough right now that they would sell for 2 to 5 years royalty and let someone else collect the ten years royalty after that plus ALL of the royalty from any additional wells, forever. You really need information on any offset wells production. If you are getting offers of $4,500 to $6,000, I would suspect that the potential buyer has that information and he thinks it's very favorable, valuable.

I think the best professional advice you can take is from the people wanting to buy from you, they think it's worth alot more than $6,000. What you do with their advice is up to you.

Sage advice, and I agree. Does anyone know if a company is drilling on this section now?

thks

Gary

r w kennedy said:

Gary, I would be asking my in-laws if they need the money bad enough right now that they would sell for 2 to 5 years royalty and let someone else collect the ten years royalty after that plus ALL of the royalty from any additional wells, forever. You really need information on any offset wells production. If you are getting offers of $4,500 to $6,000, I would suspect that the potential buyer has that information and he thinks it's very favorable, valuable.

I think the best professional advice you can take is from the people wanting to buy from you, they think it's worth alot more than $6,000. What you do with their advice is up to you.

I agree, thks for the advice. Do you know if anyone is currently drilling in this area?

thks

Gary

Reagan "R.T." Dukes said:

Oklahoma?