Help on transfering name on oil company's paperwork

i have recently inherited mineral rights from a relative. the deeds are currently in probate so until my name is registered with BP as the owner (or more accurately- the account is suspended until the end of probate) any finances and possibly correspondence will go to third parties that i’m not likely to ever get back. BP is currently drilling/has drilled a well on the property, however, when i called to put my name on record as the owner they say they have no record of my aunt’s lease or ss#. she had signed a lease with a different company which was subsequently purchased by BP. they asked for paperwork to search for her in their files. however, they told me it would probably be 3 months but they can’t make any promises.

i am wondering if anyone else had run into something similar and how they handled it.

thanks in advance,

Once a personal representative is appointed, he or she can grant the interest to you and the other heirs/devisees. That deed should be recorded in the county. Thereafter, you should send a certified copy of the recorded deed to any operator of a well on your lands and they will update their records.