HELP needed please

Goodness, but it is near impossible to get answers about mineral rights in reeves county! everyone just gives you another number to call or website to search. Inherited mineral rights in Reeves county. Have been told there are wells, but have received no royalties. Have a lease agreement from 2009, but nothing since then. Also trying to get an idea on value of rights and if should keep or sell. Any info on where I can go or who to call would be greatly appreciated. I am in Michigan and can not make a trip to Texas at this time. Section 6 Block C-9 PSL Survey Thank You Kate

2 Likes

Thank you. I know I saw the abstract in the mountain of paperwork somewhere. I will get back to you as soon as I find it.

Abstract 3830. Thank you.

There is a lease in 2009 from Jack Ray Davis JR to Endeavor Energy. Several leases from other owners in 2010 to Endeavor which is drilled a horizontal well in eastern portion of the section in 2015. Well acreage does not include most of the section. In 2011/2012, Endeavor drilled some vertical wells in the western portion of the section (Davis-Owens Unit and Davis 6 Unit). The Davis wells are now operated by Noble Energy. So it depends on where your acreage is located as to which well(s) and operator apply to your interest. It was the responsibility of the heirs to contact the oil company about the inheritance and to make sure that the appropriate probate or other filings are in the deed records. Contact those two companies with the information. If you post the name of your predecessor and the oil company in the lease and the full legal description, you can get some more help here.

It took me nearly a year to get everything straightened out with Reeves Co. after I inherited royalties from my mother. Make sure you document all phone calls and electronic correspondence. I sent a certified letter once and was told they don’t check their mailbox everyday. Good luck and be persistent. Fannie

I live in mich also I had the same problem when I found out. First don’t sell you can go online at reeves CAD and find out some information. Than you may have to hire a landman LOCAL only. If you need more information please comment . It is a headache trust me but the oil companies has made it that way