Help needed for marketing

I am trying to find the best way to market my 4 properties available for lease, all in Texas in different counties. I am not in TX nor able to go to county clerk offices and chat with landsmen. Is there a reliable company or website to go to? Thanks for any ideas.

Welcome to the forum.

Leasing doesn’t really work that way in this business. The best thing to do is make sure that your name and address and description of your acres plus any title information are properly filed in each county courthouse. The filing can all be done by certified mail. If there is activity in your area, they will come looking for you. The landmen start at the courthouse and if your name is not there, they cannot find you.

Also get familiar with the Texas Railroad Commission website. You can look up your areas by abstract and see if there is activity nearby. Some counties have absolutely nothing going on and others are quite busy. You will get a feel for the possibility of leasing. If you have activity on your abstract, then that is when you might find out the operator could not find you and then you can take action.

Read up on your counties in the forum. If no one is posting, then there is not much activity. Lots of posting means there is activity,

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Sorry for the delay. I truly appreciate your answer.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.