Help, im lame at all this stuff

i unheireted 230 acres of mineral rights in grimes county, i was found by parkcrest llc, what is a fair offer if i wanted to lease, and who maybe should i speak too, this is really new to me, im a musican not a doctor lol, anyway what should i do first? do i need to file affadavit of heirship in grimes tx. first? i honestly need money but i dont want do the wrong thing, thanks

bryant:

Make sure you are listed as the mineral owner at the County Clerk office in the county where the minerals are located. Do some serious research as to the area where these minerals are located. Learn the nearest wells and their production figures. Don't be in a hurry to lease until you have a complete knowledge of the going bonus rates and % royalties for that area. Further, I would never sign a lease for over a 3 year term and would not agree to any lease extensions.

Bryant,

An affidavit of heirship might get you leased but eventually you will need "marketable title" to get paid royaltys or sell your minerals. The Landman conveniently left that part out when I leased too. It can be a real hassle getting paid once you have a producing well. You need a good independent landman or an oil and gas lawyer if you are not up to doing this on your own.

Post this in the Grimes County group, also.

Hi Bryant -

I am not an Attorney and suggest that you seek the advice of an experienced one for anything involving your mineral interests.

From my experience, the company will obtain or prepare whatever paperwork is required to clear your title as part of the preparations for the drilling of a well. They may request your assistance in doing so, but it would all be cost free to you. Before you spend any time or money in the effort, I suggest you wait and see what they do.

There is a lot of leasing and drilling activity in Grimes County right now. If you will accept my offer to become "A Friend" on The Forum (I will send you an invitiation in just a minute) and send me your legal description, I will take a look and tell you what is happening in your area.

Do you have a proposed lease form in mind? If not, I may have a few suggestions for you.

Hope this helps -

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

Bryant, I know that this can be extremely overwhelming and frustrating. How did you learn that you own this property? Depending on the process taken after your relative (assumption) died, you may have nothing to do. PM me.

Who is Wade Caldwell and why is he telling us what to do?

Please?

Just suggesting Bryant is more likely to get a response if he posts this in the Grimes Co. Group also.

Mr. Caldwell -

I have waited until you have had a chance to respond to Michael Hutchison's obviously insane tirade.

Your response appears to have been, as is always your way, quite that of a Gentleman.

Bravado!

Your efforts to address our Mineral Owners' issues on The Forum have always been admirable, knowlegdable and valid. I am proud to know you as a fellow professional.

Michael Hutchison, you are a Butthole of a human being.

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Fort Worth, Texas

Charles the Third, (Even your name is pompous) That would be the shortest "tirade" on record if such records were kept.

Fortunately your opinion is not widely held and of no value to me. While Wade is in fact a Gentleman and willingly added please to his remark, apparently you are not.

Oh and the word is Bravo not Bravado.

Charles Emery Tooke III said:

Mr. Caldwell -

I have waited until you have had a chance to respond to Michael Hutchison's obviously insane tirade.

Your response appears to have been, as is always your way, quite that of a Gentleman.

Bravado!

Your efforts to address our Mineral Owners' issues on The Forum have always been admirable, knowlegdable and valid. I am proud to know you as a fellow professional.

Michael Hutchison, you are a Butthole of a human being.

Charles

Charles Emery Tooke III

Fort Worth, Texas

dear mr. Tooke

thank you i will send you the info, this weekend, im recovering from having way too much fun in my life, and the courts have imposed a breif stay in a re-hab, lol, so i have very limited access to a computer, but i do need help, i had the mineral rights deed on me and now its misplaced but thank you again

sincerely bryant stuart

I know that Christi McCain has been actively looking for minerals in Grimes Co. She talked to my brother up at the Grimes Co. Court House and seems to be a good contact to talk to if you still want to lease your mineral rights. Hope this helps!!
Blessings,
Doug Robinson
Christi (CC) McCain
cccraiglandman@aol.com

Bryant, what survey is your mineral interest located in? Parkcrest LLC sounds like a lease flipper since there are currently no operators in Grimes County by that name. A flipper is someone who leases your minerals for a lower price and then sells the leases to an operator for a higher price. (I leased my Grimes County minerals to an actual operator.)

If you get a call from a landman from either CML Exploration, LLC, Halcon Operating Co. Inc., Marlin Energy Resources, LLC, Devon Energy Production Co., L.P., or Mego Resources, LLC, then you are dealing with an active operator that is drilling wells in Grimes County. Hopefully you are in one of their active areas of drilling and you will receive a call from one or more of them!

It took nearly two years for me to get my minerals leased. This was after talking to a number of operators and a flipper, whom I did not consider leasing to, and professional assistance. I highly recommend a professional to represent you in your lease efforts (certified landman and/or an oil and gas attorney). Leasing is not a do-it-yourself project. It is a big mine field that you have to very carefully approach and go through. I wish you the very best of luck in leasing your minerals at a good bonus rate/royalty and with a lease form that will give you the protection you need. (The oil company will not give you a form that is for your benefit and protection, which is one of the reasons why you need a professional representing your interests.)

Bryant:

You may want to question the Parkcrest LLC representative and ask if they are leasing for a particular operator or for themselves. Some companies are representing other operators in regards to obtaining leases. If they will provide you with a name, then call and verify the leasing.