Help finding Land information

My non computer savy friend has 3 parcels in Pecos County with oil royalties. We live in Idaho and he has never been to or seen his land. I have found the county records with property id and legal description but cannot get any farther then that. We are over 60 years old and would like to see these properties on google maps and find out how many oil rigs are there just for fun. One parcel is below. Can you make sense of this? Property ID: 10689 Legal Description: 8263 146 T&STL SEC 8SE 1/4 UND 1/3 INT Geographic ID: 00146-00008-00600-000000 Thanks in advance Mark

Most property descriptions have sections lots and blocks. This is what I am trying to find

Can you provide the legal location?:::Section, Block or Abstract numbers? If the wells on the property are not too old the plat maps that are on the approved drilling permits will have the longitude and latitude.

Clint Liles

do a search for “pecos county tax office” then do a property search under owners last name. the tax bill will show the data you are looking for.

https://goo.gl/maps/ymoC95iUUAP2

Each green circle is an oil well. The green circles with a line through them are plugged oil wells no longer producing. The red sun icon is a gas well. This is for the entire 640 acre Section and not specifically your tract.

A texasfile.com search for “Thomas Curt” reveals these descriptions for a Warranty Deed recorded September 2013:

Blck 114 Trct 1 Abst # 6041 A RIGGS Sec 2 Acrs 40 NE/4 SW/4,Blck 114 Trct 2 Abst # 6042 A RIGGS Sec 4 Acrs 200 NW/4 NE/4,Blck 146 Trct 3 Abst # 8263 T&STL Sec 8 Acrs 80 W/2 SE/4,Blck 146 Trct 4 Abst # 8263 T&STL Sec 8 Acrs 80 E/2 SE/4,

Go to the Texas RRC’s map viewer http://wwwgisp.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer2/ and click on the magnifying glass icon in the row at the top of the map. A drop down menu will appear. Choose “Surveys” and select “Pecos” county and enter one of the Abstract numbers above in the blank Abstract field. Click the “Query” button. Use the magnification bar at the left side of the map to zoom in and out from the highlighted parcel. Do this for each of the abstract numbers above, assuming this is the info you are seeking.

Here is a link to an oil well in Pecos county Abst # 6041 Sec 2 Block 114: http://wwwgisp.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer2/index.html?api=37132898

Thanks all. I have found the county records. Curts dad (william L thomas deceased) shows 6 mineral properties and curt thomas shows 1 property but Curt is paying taxes on all 7. I guess we need to get ahold of the county to change the names over to him. question When I got to the GIS viewer and type in the abstract number for the propeties the map displays a whole section but will not break it down to a exact parcel. All I see is a whole section. According to the county record the are 2 80 acre parcels, 1 200 acre parcel and 1 40 acre parcel, but I cannot figure out how to put in a more accurate desiption.

Blck 114 Trct 1 Abst # 6041 A RIGGS Sec 2 Acrs 40 NE/4 SW/4,

Blck 114 Trct 2 Abst # 6042 A RIGGS Sec 4 Acrs 200 NW/4 NE/4,

Blck 146 Trct 3 Abst # 8263 T&STL Sec 8 Acrs 80 W/2 SE/4, Blck 146 Trct 4 Abst # 8263 T&STL Sec 8 Acrs 80 E/2 SE/4,

The other thing we cannot figure out is if he owns the land or just the mineral rights.

I would think if your paying taxes on the 7 you would own them

The tax bill I have here show taxes due on mineral rights. But the Pecos assesor site shows real property…Land… It used to be AG but this year they changed it to Land Non-Homesite Value. The appraised values for the last 6 years have been about $600 on the 3 parcels. This year the appraised value this year is about $10,000.00

I now see they removed the AG exemption on the properties