Heirs of Sarah Payne Center District

Hi. EQT contacted us about mineral rights. I’m one of probably a ton of folks. I didn’t get an attorney as I have 1/3 of 50% of my deceased father’s share of mineral rights. I’m curious if anyone else on here is 1. related to me. (Hi!) and 2. what this all means for those of us with such small mineral rights.

haha I love your intro about being related to you :rofl:

Anyhow, I doubt I’m related to you, but my advice is that you be careful before you sign a lease. If the lease bonus is in the 5 figures, then I’d advise you to get an attorney to help negotiate as you’ll make up their fees with what you’d get as a bonus on your lease. If your interests are small, I know a few people have had success with Nick Criado at AMCO who has helped me with some parcel searches and he can help educate you on negotiating leases and he’s very affordable

Actually you never know. Basically you have 1/6th of the total acreage so this could be substantial. How many gross acres x 1/6 = net mineral acres. I have 1.12 net acres on the Sizemore well in center district. I’ve been averaging 800 per month on a 17.5% of gross lease. The bonus should be 3500 or above per NMA. Ask for the 17.5% gross no pre or post production costs. Center district is a very active area. Look your property up on West Virginia property viewer. Then look WVDEP oil & gas well information this shows all permitted and producing gas wells. This could be a very valuable inheritance for years to come. Good luck

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.