HB 2411 Tax Reimbursement

If an oil and gas operator received their full share of the HB 2411 tax reimbursement, why are they permitted to periodically reimburse me my proportionate share of same, as opposed to my receiving full reimbursement? The company is just now reimbursing me for 6/2010 and 6/2011. Some months, I see no reimbursement. Some months I do.

Also, would someone kindly tell us what the HB 2411 tax reimbursement is? I'm very interested in this.

Claudia, without taking time to look up this law, I think this is the Oklahoma Tax Rebate to incentivise the extra expensive horizontal or very deep wells by refunding certain taxes. Go to the OCC imaged documents - Oil and Gas Well Records Forms and enter the legal for your well and in the FORM field enter 1534, which is the Tax Rebate application form. Some companies will designate on the alternative 1099-Misc form an interest, shown as a negative. I'm not sure without digging back through my 1040's which company has done this, but there are some which have never shown an interest payment. I wish there was a standard check stub format, but that is another topic.

Maybe some one else who can do a better job of explaining the process/rationale will respond.

Maybe this should be a lease provision - for the timely repayment of tax refunds / reimbursements.

Kitch,

It is a requirement in state of the art lease forms.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/severance-tax-refunds-and-your

Buddy Cotten

Buddy and Kitch;

Thank you both so very much! I agree that this should be a lease provision! Very much enjoyed reading the severance tax blog, Buddy.

They certainly don't make it easy, do they? They, being the oil and gas operators.

Thank you both, again!

Claudia

Buddy,
Thank you for the link to your blog post. Great reading and an excellent item to remember when negotiating leases.