Have purchase offer in Murray Count OK - Anything going on?

I hold interests in 11-1S-2E, 12-1S-2E, and 11-1N-3E. I have a purchase offer from MayHawk, which I’ve never heard of, but I’ve usually never heard of folks who send me purchase offers. I’m not taking this offer seriously, and consider it to be somewhere in between bizarre and a come-on, as they say they’re paying up to $7K/NMA, and they don’t specify any particular area, but seem interested in the whole county. However, letters such as this are often indicators of activity that might have promise. Is anyone aware of any actual activity here? The recent history of message traffic here doesn’t hold much promise, but I thought I would ask.

Rudy

You are correct that the “up to” is a flag. Offers are usually based upon the royalty, so a 1/4th royalty will get a higher offer than a 1/8th royalty. And many offers frequently back off that "up to " amount fairly quickly.

There has been a good bit of leasing in 1S-2E in the last year or so. Most of it has been on the western side of the section. Not much going on in 1N-3E.

If you need to sell, you can investigate further. If not, then see what happens. You can search for Mayhawk in the forum and see what experiences others have posted.

Thanks, Martha. I appreciate the information bout leasing in western 1S-2E.

I certainly don’t intend to sell. We’ll see what happens.

Rudy

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.