Harrison County, TX-- New Activity in Berry or McCarty Surveys

I am curious of anyone (perhaps Clint_Liles?) may know of any new/promising drilling activity East Texas, In Harrison County-- specifically on the Berry or McCarty Surveys (that are being worked by Breitburn Energy)?

Good Morning Crispr…after checking approved permits for Harrison County for the past year I find no approved permits or ‘new’ activity for Breitburn Energy. I do know Breitburn has some activity in the Chapell Hill area just East of Tyler.

https://webapps2.rrc.texas.gov/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do?pager.pageSize=10&pager.offset=0&methodToCall=search&searchArgs.paramValue=

Clint: Thanks for your help; I did go to that link you provided, and perhaps I am looking at the data wrong-- I paged through 12 pages of drilling permits there (for Harrison County), and I did not see Breitburn listed even once–nor did I see the Chapell Hill name in the surveys (nor, McCarty or Berry)…

I am trying to figure out what might be going on in that area-- as I received some purchase offers for our NMA in the area that don’t seem to make a lot of economic sense-- higher than one would expect…

I suspect someone is thinking about drilling some Haynesville gas wells in the area of A-460 and 75(McCarty and Berry Surveys)…numerous good Haynesville wells to the South of those Surveys

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint: Thanks again… Do you have a price in mind that makes sense (per/NMA) for acreage on those surveys?

Sorry…can’t help you there

Ok-- I understand… I thought that there was a “rule of thumb”-- with bids being typically some multiple of monthly (or yearly) royalty income… but the bids I’ve seen recently seem to blow that whole notion away…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.