Hardeman County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

RRD - The lease is valid until it expires. Yes, the landman would change and you can contact the land department of the company that bought the lease. The chances of the new company renewing the lease is the same as any other company, who knows? But, depending on how soon the lease expires, the odds are better since the new company spent the money to acquire the lease.

AKG your responses makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't know for sure if the Anschutz company acquired my original lease or not but I have about a year to go on that EOG lease.

It really is all a guessing game bottome line isn't it!!

Thanks Susie for the information on the well east of Chillicothe. I just checked Baker Hughes-Investor Relations Page and see a well is being drilled in Jackson County, Okla. about 1 mile from the Texas-Wilbarger Co. line. It is a developmental, vertical well in search of oil as of Nov. 11, 2011. We need more rigs running in our area. If the price of oil keeps inching up every day we may see more rigs.

CLINT FROM FLINT

Clint, If it is.the rig I’m thinking it is a Patterson UTI number 42 they have reach depth. It is in section 29 1 south 21 west. Panther is the operator. 8k on depth fishing around checking the Atoka and Barnett formations.

Patrick,

thanks for the info. Living 300 miles from my ranch I appreciate all the eyes and ears staying abreast of what's happening. Cabot Oil and Gas landman contacted me about 5 or 6 weeks ago wanting to lease my property for $150 dollars per net mineral acre and a 1/6th royalty for a 3 year Oil, Gas and Mineral lease with the option of extending the lease for an additional 2 years. I thought about it and he sent me a lease agreement to sign. In the meantime I checked out Cabot Oil and Gas on the internet. From what I've read they have caused some real headaches with some drilling in the Barnett Shale. Also I read that they have been shut down in Pennsylvania for ruining landowners water wells. They are not someone I want to do business with. So I told the landman I would pass on his offer.

Again, thanks for the information and maybe we will see more rigs running in our area in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Members and their families on the Mineral Rights Forum.

This is great to be able to find out info from one another.

CLINT FROM FLINT

Does anyone have any inforamation about Lindsey No 1 Project in Hardeman county? Hill Oil Co had a blurb about this on internet. The project appears to be very near the town of Quanah. Interested in any update anyone might have. Thanks

My sister and I have mineral rights in NW/4 of Sec.79 which is about 4 miles east of Quanah. Anyone know of any activity in the area (leasing or drilling?) Thanks!

http://hillexploration.com/lindsey.html

Thanks for the link! Anyone know what the range of current leases are going for in the area?

My husband talked with a land man for Anschutz this week. He said they have had 25 people in Vernon the last two weeks leasing land and researching titles. The land man said they have 8 wells planned in the area.

Two wells will be east of Vernon. We heard Anschutz has done a lot of dirt work on FM 1763. They are even building a bridge out there to access a drilling site.

Anschutz filed a drilling permit this week on Cato land 3.5 miles SW of Chillicothe in Hardeman County.

Lots of activity in the area!!

Susie,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like after the 1st of the year things are

going to get interesting.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON MINERAL RIGHTS FORUM

New to the group, have property in Hardeman Cty.

Glad to hear about all the activity. Did a small lease over towards Harrold in September.

Happy New Year.

Glad you joined Richard. I appreciate all the information and it’s really nice to have so many in our group interested in Hardeman county. Happy New Year to all!!

Welcome to the forum Richard. Feel free to comment anytime you see or hear something. The more eyes and ears out there the better.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MINERAL RIGHTS FORUM MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/28/us-energy-giant-idUSTRE7BR0G420111228

Anyone seeing any leasing activity around Quanah? Have some interest in block H section 122 and having issues finding out information. Thanks! Family retained mineral rights to about 600 acres in Quanah and we have not heard from a landman.

I recently figured out how to use the TRRC website to view new drilling permits and want to pass along how to for anyone interested.

At the top of the TRRC home page put the mouse on 'DATA'.

In the drop down click on 'Drilling'.

Click on 'Drilling Permits Application Query'.

At the top left of the page beside 'RRC District:' scroll and click on '09'.

At the top right of the page beside 'County:' scroll and click 'HARDEMAN'.

At the bottom left of the page click 'Submit'.

At the bottom of the page click page '88'.

For detailed location info on the drill site click on the 'Lease Name'.

In the 'Surface Location Information:' box beside the 'API #' there is usually a link you can click on to the TRRC map.

For 'WILBARGER', while you are on the 'Search for W-1s', 'Drilling Permit Application Query' page you will also need to go to the bottom right of the page and add dates to the 'Submitted Date' box, such as: 'Begin: 01/01/2011 End: 02/29/2012'.

At the bottom left of the page click 'Submit'.

At the bottom of the page click page '4'.

Enjoy.

Thank you for your perfectly correct and easy to utilize information!

Appreciated...

Someone may be interested to know that Anschutz just filed a completion report for a producing vertical well on the Witt Ranch 5 miles south of Acme. They went down to the Burnet Shale. Not near me, unfortunately, but still interesting.

Thank you James for the info. At least it is a little more west but not far enough to help me either. I wonder if this was a lease bought from EOG???