Hardeman County, Survey 499, Block H, Sec-31

I received an offer to lease and it’s been so long since this has been leased, that I have no idea how many net mineral acres I have, and also think I may have been left out of a lease from 2015 with a company going by Scr Near LLC. No idea. Tim Mitchell has a land man sending out new lease requests, and I want to get some info so I know how to amend this contract or just decline it. Never heard of the land man who is getting the signatures. Scott oil and Gas, whose address listed on the lease offer is his home address, and he works for Tim Mitchell. Any help appreciated. I had a lawyer read the lease offer, and he was not much help, but charged me 200.00 to read it and highlight sections of it to explain what each section meant. However, no help on what I should do, except to say…”negotiate, it’s fun.” Ugh.

Anyway, anyone getting these offers? I might take a trip to Quanah I guess.

Thanks.

Hardeman County Section 31/Block H/Abstract 499

Floflok,

As far as I can tell there are only 2 operators/producers drilling in North Eastern Hardeman County…Buffco Production Inc. and Eagle Hydrocarbons. The targeted formations in that area are Chappel, Conglomerate, Mississippi and Strawn. There are some older wells in that area that have been producing for 25-30 years. Do you mind sharing how much the bonus money was per acre and how much the royalty percentage was? And how many acres do you have in this section 31?

Generally the first offer of a lease is a low ball offer. If you have a lot of acreage it may pay you to have an oil/gas Attorney help you or you might leave money on the table and wind up with a bad lease. JUST MY OPINION

GIS Map of Hardeman County Section 31/Block H/Abstract 499:

DOUBLE CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

They might be a flipper. Ask them who they are working on behalf of?

FYI

I have been notified by a friend that leases in Hardeman County are now going for as much as $400 per acre.

Clint Liles

We just got an offer for $400 per acre by Scott Oil and Gas - is this a good deal right now?

Uh yeah…especially since they only offered me 200 an acre. I wonder if its because you guys have more acreage?

Everyone should hold out for more on the actual royalty. And their contract is Shite by the way. So many addendums need to be added by lessor. And the lease term is too long!!!

Also there are so many loopholes for them in the contract that without the right addendums they do not have to ever drill. They will hold the land and then the real oil companies will not be able to touch it. I dont know if I would sign just yet. Just my opinion. :wink: maybe we need to form a bargaining collective for Hardeman. :wink:

Floflok/Kenna,

After checking all approved permits for Hardeman County since January 01, 2018 I find no approved permits for a Scott Oil and Gas. They may be a leasing agent…and they could possibly be a flipper looking to make some easy bucks from leasing you and selling your lease to either Buffco, Eagle Hydrocarbons, Triangle Three Resources or Interstate Exploration. This link is to 27 approved permits for Hardeman County from January 01 through November 30, 2018:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do?pager.pageSize=10&pager.offset=0&methodToCall=search&searchArgs.paramValue=|1003=09|1004=197|1005=beginsWith|1008=beginsWith|1012=beginsWith|1015=beginsWith|1024=01%2F01%2F2018|1025=11%2F30%2F2018&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1Ry07DMBD8mnK0dp2kj8MeogrOPCp6iHpwEyu1lJfWjgApH886gAQpZ8TFnp0dr8fjCQFITwhIeMNc5mVwffdYclXAiWb-xZ7NMHitpK18MMGq8KpGv0ryLYhC00rf3R5zgUmEFbumcV19b7l1wT-Mlt8-xqqqF1FKrQ2Xvjr0e9M0QmTENozcHfona7i8CLUluHJT-Lmbc-3VYNi0z6YZ7WxSLoZd3FPC3SaCjM62dp0_uhDnycAfNepFvdDrlADlLfOiAbeRywhjmcAnt3CIf5eX_8ppTYOpLX_L49fw8FQsddGsfLwmhCkhvZnSiDJKprWA6_P_Lfx3GJ2wkLkCAAA

Once you sign a lease it could be with you for life so be careful.

Clint Liles

Thanks. I agree. I did more digging and Scott Oil and Gas is a newly formed LLC with a home mailing address. The people involved may have an old bankruptcy and the land guy works for another land guy bames Tim Mitchell Petroleum. I called him about 2 weeks ago and he refused to say who his client was except to say they were international and a publicly traded company on NASDAQ. I do not want to deal with a flipper. And not with that awful contract they gave me. I sent back many addendums and clauses and heads nary a word since then. I may just pass on this until I can deal with a principal player. I think this is a bad deal.

THANKS EVERYONE!

So if they think it’s that valuable, should we just wait until we get an offer from a reputable company with a better contract? Is there a way to “market” to a reputable and legit company?

Kenna,

Be patient. There are some pretty good oil/gas wells being drilled NE of Quanah. The oil companies/producers will find you when they need your acreage. Be patient.

Clint Liles

Kenna:

Let’s keep in touch on this,as my sense after checking their background and my brief conversation with Tim, is that they are not giving us anything close to a good deal. Your deal is better than mine, but I have only 10 net mineral acres which might be why. I already rejected it and sent back multiple addendums and asked for more due consideration and a lesser lease term with no automatic renewal unless they had taken steps to drill a well. Well, I have never heard back. Extremely rude, so I am thinking this is a fishing expedition to see what they can get for pennies and they will resell at a high premium in a year or two to the highest bidder and just skim the profits.

If we could get others in this tract on this forum, we could get an even better deal by all being on the same page I think…Also by accepting their contract as is, it really lets them do almost anything. I personally don’t need the up front bonus that badly and I, do not really want to deal with newly formed “Scott Oil and Gas”. Also, once the contract is flipped, Scott O & G does not have any real responsibility anymore, and that leaves everyone at their mercy unless there is language in the contract that specifies that they cannot flip it without notifying the Lessors and that they remain liable for terms of contract in some capacity.

Clint:

Thanks for all of your intel in this area. It is much appreciated.

Flo

Thanks, Clint - that is very good advice.

You don’t know how much I appreciate you input on this. We are going to contact and Oil and Gas attorney before signing anything.

Floflick -

Yes, we have around 131 acres in Hardeman and 165 in Wilbarger. Does anyone know what the market is like in the neighboring county?

Good morning Kenna.

I have 342 acres in western Wilbarger County(A-1496, A-1497)and it seems to be dead in that part of the County after Anschutz Exploration left in December 2017. Anschutz and Cabot Oil & Gas drilled 4 or 5 wells into the Barnett Shale E and NE of Vernon and had problems with their completions. Anschutz got disgusted and left town. Although seems Anschutz has had problems any and everywhere they have drilled. At the end of December 2017 Anschutz released several hundred thousand acres back to the mineral owners.

Clint Liles

Thanks, Clint. This is very good information.