Gulfport Midcon Hale wells

Drilled 5 new horizontal wells in adjoining sec 1. Our interest are in 4N 6W sec 36. I know that couple of these are\ were major producers. Yet the payments seem to be really slow coming. How does one determine if interest is owed and how to collect on that? I’m not new to this but first time any company has drug on for so long with so much revenue. Info from Gulfport seems so shady. Thanks

Contact the Division Order department at Gulfport by certified mail return receipt and be ready with your name and addresses and why you think you have acreage that needs to be included. If you were being paid on the previous wells in the section, then tell them which wells. If you have an older lease or pooling order then be ready with it. They may have been trying to find you to send a Division Order or they may have title issues which need to be cleared up.

The wells have been online for quite some time. Ask for royalties and interest if applicable.

The wells have surface locations in sec 1, but go through one 36 35 (on two of them) and 26 (on two of them.) Three of them are shorter and only go through 1 and 36. So the Decimal amounts are different for each well according to the perforations in each section.

I have not received a royalty check since November for any wells (Hale or Angela). I was wondering if maybe they have shut-in the Hale and Angela wells while they drill the Angela South wells? Two of the Angela South wells were spud early December.

Contact Gulfport (and be ready to be patient). There has been an accounting issue with the Hale wells. Some owners have seen a large increase in their payments and some owners have been told that they have been overpaid and will receive no checks until the overpayment has been paid off. You can request a spreadsheet with the exact amount of funds being withheld.

Oh boy I guess this explains why Gulfport seems to be so lost. Thank you very much for the info.

One of the owners I know about just had a correction statement that was about 500 pages long!

Go ahead and get your claim in there asap!

I received a check in December for these wells and then an EnergyLink check advice in January by email, but the check never came. I have emailed Gulfport with no response yet…

Email, call and send a certified letter return receipt to their mineral owner revenue department and request again.

Finally, back in “Pay Status” with Gulfport. I had previously asked them why I was not receiving royalty checks and this (in part) is the response:

“Gulfport corrected the Division Of Interest on the Hale wells in December 2023. This is due to the correction of the bearer groups for the Blanchard royalty interest on the Hale wells, which caused a debit balance for this owner. In Oklahoma, the Blanchard decision requires all royalties be communitized (or pooled) and that all royalty owners be paid their proportionate share from this pool. It was determined that our ownership decks were set up incorrectly, and those corrections resulted in debits for some owners who had previously been overpaid.”

A large number of my 477 detail sheets now show Blanchard Interest instead of Royalty Interest. It looks like the Blanchard decision affected only the Hale wells, which have been “communitized”. Bottom line is a reduction in the royalty check. :zipper_mouth_face:

Thanks for the info. This has been such a mess. Yesterday I received email informing me that I had been overpaid. But with no explanation

Some folks had a reduction and some had an increase. That is the exact verbiage that many received when they contacted them about missing checks. If you contact them again, they can send you an excel sheet with the amounts that were overpaid and you can ballpark when your checks will start back again. Patience is required.

1 Like

I had contacted them following your previous advice. Was told they still held in excess of 100k in suspension. Should be paid in Feb.

Then come end of Feb I get the email that we were overpaid by 8 with no explanation. And certainly no answers about the two years of interest. Guess we will have to hire someone to help with this. Hopefully I’ll understand it someday.

Thank you for taking time to respond

Ask them for the spreadsheet. You may need it! See what happens in March.