Grimes County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Grimes County

THANKS!

Deena

Drove by last night and its a workover rig. They have the pump jack moved off to the side. Have no clue whats going on. Probably just simply cleaning? If its not there long I would think it will help production. If there for a month they have problems..

Hello,

The lease for my minerals (Singleton, TX. area) is up in late August. Does anyone know of any company's that are currently trying to lease?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris, did ENEXP ever extend your lease from a couple of years ago or did you go with someone new? I don't think our place is that far from you. We originally leased with Halcon who assigned us over to New Gulf Resources (NGR) (75%) and ENEXP (25%). Our lease expires in June, 2017. If I were a betting person I would think NGR would be tapping on your door soon; then again, maybe ENEXP. They are currently doing seismic testing in our entire area; they could be waiting on those results. If I hear of anything I will let you know. If someone does contact you soon, that means they are still VERY interested in our area. Keep us posted because you will serve as our barometer of leasing in our area.

Yes, ENEXP had 3 yrs and extended another 2 years. Do you know if they have drilled any wells in our area? Thanks!

Hi all. I am new to this board but wanted to jump in. My lease (3 years) with ENEXP just expired in July (unless they are drilling and have not told me) and I have NOT heard from them re a renewal. I am a few miles NW of Iola. Has there been any activity in this area by ENEXP? Thanks.

Hello, I researched “permits to drill” and found that ENEXP did drill a well recently. However information is not currently with me.

SC, keep us posted if anybody hits you up for another lease anytime soon. I'm just afraid that because the oil market is so pathetic right now it will be awhile before they come through our area again.

Just curious does anyone know why the recent ( and still going) seismic surveys going on just south of Iola? been active for a few months I think. Cant figure out if they are doing it for one Driller or a county wide deal. Most of the area I know about are recently drilled and or HBP by older wells

Grimes: Nicholson Land Services is the seismic group actually doing the survey for Vector Seismic and they were contracted by New Gulf Resources (NGR), Halcon, and I think, Energy and Exploration Partners. There could be another oil company or two thrown in there by now since this thing was started well over 2 years ago. It is a large survey (Johnson Ranch HD 3D) covering parts of Grimes and Brazos counties. They were in my area last week. My hunch, which isn't worth much, is if they get good results then they will continue leasing or extend current ones in our area. We should know something pretty soon if they come knocking on our doors.

Captain: thanks I have a lease outside of Iola on north side. They are all to the south. they are doing some testing on land leased and producing under Contango so was wondering if they were involved, That is who has my well. just thinking they might be getting better results so they can sale. Norwood was not all that good. Thanks and hers a quarter for the advice so your on your way to a cup of ice at least ...

All these new names....Contango...Norwood....I have never heard of any of them but then if you have a well, you're doing better than most. My lease runs out in 1 year 9 months, no extension.

Contango ( MCF) is Crimson. same folks but merged with Contango.

Contango drilled the Norwood 2H ( south of iola) and per there statement they wernt too happy.

So did you just renew since you have 21 months and no extension ? assume you might be in the 2 year extension period since are was hot a few years back. I leased in I think 2011 and they drilled in 2012.

I signed my lease (original) in May 2014 and it is for 3 years only, no extension. I got in right in time before the bottom fell out. We were approached for leases by several companies beginning in 2010 but none would pay and/or negotiate the terms we wanted. I would love another bonus check but I am not so sure I want my land tied up forever with these oil prices. At this point, I want the lease to expire without them dropping a drill bit in my property.

Not sure this means anything, but i just saw that the facility on FM 1696, about 1 mile east of Hwy 39 is now gone (near Iola). It looked like a gas liquids processing facility and was filling tankers on a regular basis. They decommissioned it and did a nice job cleaning up. Looks like a clean, gravel parking lot now....I hope this does not mean the area is not producing much...

thanks for info will have to drive by someday.

Hello all! I very much appreciate this forum and the collective expertise you have! My husband and I need advice. We own 360 acres of mineral rights in A58 and A60 all non leased but Shell drilled a bit back in the 70's. We spoke with a gentleman from an auction site about putting it up for sale. He recommended starting at $2000 an acre. He said he is familiar with that area. Any thoughts would be very helpful! Thank you.

a-60 per RRC site has zero wells listed any where in the survey. no dry holes no plugged wells nada.

a-58 has 3 old wells SE cornber alons with some old gas wells along east side. couple dry holes . Really nothing even to the east a mile or so.

http://wwwgisp.rrc.state.tx.us/GISViewer2/index.html?api=18530732 follow and you may have to moved to the southern part of county to see the info but pretty sparse. If you have owned them for 40 years and with 2007 boom and the more recent high price and if you have not leased I wonder how much they really are worth. JMO good luck and you never know.

Just fyi. Energy and Exploration Partners in Fort Worth has filed for bankruptcy. They had been trying to file for an IPO before prices fell. Still, they are restructuring (ie wiping out the current shareholders and renegotiating with creditors) and thus should be able to come back ok. I just don't think they will be leasing or drilling any time soon.

And another one bites the dust.....New Gulf Resources filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in December.

http://bankruptcynews.dowjones.com/article?an=DJFDBR0120151217ebchkofhp&r=wsjblog&ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fbankruptcynews.dowjones.com%2farticle%3fan%3dDJFDBR0120151217ebchkofhp%26r%3dwsjblog