Grimes County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Here's some information on Sequitur.

http://www.pehub.com/2013/09/acon-investments-the-pritzer-organization-back-sequitur-energy-resources/

The two (2) companies investing in Sequitur are ACON Investments and The Pritzker Organization (TPO):

http://www.aconinvestments.com/

http://www.tpo.org/

In answer to your question Robert, I will find out next week sometime as we are meeting with their land rep. They will have to do better with their offer. Much better.

Hello all,

My family has acreage with mineral rights in Iola. We have been offered $500/acre & 20% royalties. This is our first offer. What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone heard of Spindler Land & Minerals?

Sherry,

No, I haven't heard of them. They may be trying to get your lease and flip it to a company working in the area. How many mineral acres do you have for lease and how close to Iola are you located? The price offered is fairly low.

Thank you for replying. We are located in the area of FM 1696 & CR 113 area and have a total of 118 acres.

Are there any wells in your area? I can highly recommend Buddy Cotton,a mineral manager on this web site, to negotiate your lease, bonus, and royalty. He represented me in 2012 and did a great job. If you are interested, friend me and I will provide you with his contact information.

Oops, I made a typo. Mr. Cotten's last name is spelled with an e and not an o.

Captain Skittles, thanks for the links you posted back on 4/3/14 about Sequitur. Did they sweeten their offer any on your lease. I have been in touch with one of their land men.

Robert, I had told them upfront I wanted 25% royalty and was scheduled to meet with Sequitur's land rep last week. He called me the day before our meeting to let me know that his client was only offering 20% maximum so I thanked him for letting me know before I travelled from Houston to College Station to meet with him and I cancelled the meeting. We never got past royalty amount to talk about bonus money. Maybe you will have better luck with them.

Robert, Halcon is in the area and trying to lease lands not currently under lease. Interesting to note that they and ENEXP funded the seismic study performed last October/November. Apparently they saw something they liked otherwise they would hightail it out of our area of Grimes County.

Robert, What area of Grimes County Is Halcon looking at. I am between Iola and Bedias, closer to Iola.

Thanks,

Sherry

Captain Skittles, sounds like other EP companies are interested. At least they phoned and saved you the time and effort of driving to CC. I would like to know what Surveys that seismic study looked at in Grimes Cty. Anybody know if that info is available?

Sherry—Captain Skittles mentioned Halcon.

Captain Skittles, I do see that now. Thanks for the nudge.

Sherry

Forgive me because I'm still young and dumb but can anyone help me out on what the best way to get your minerals leased would be. Is it common for a land owner to contact one of these companies such as Halcon or ENEX, or do you just have to wait for them to come to you?

There have been 17 applications submitted and/or approved since 1/1/14 in Grimes County. You probably know this site: http://x2t.com/296908. All you have to complete is the county and the dates you are checking. Makes it so easy to know who is drilling. There is more to the site~but I have NOT figured it out yet. (like whether a well is producing) Also, it gives the proximity to the closest town and it you click on the map link the site will show the location of the well.

The info I received today regarding the 17 proposed wells can be found at: http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/publicQuerySearchAction.do

Joshua - Usually the company comes to you if they are looking in your area, at least that has been my experience. What you can do is post your land info on this website under the "Market Place" tab at the top left then post under the caption "minerals for lease". I posted my info last year and have gotten about 8 inquiries; nothing ever came to fruition; however.

Robert - Since ENEXP and Halcon funded the seismic study I doubt they have released the info but I could be wrong....then again, if somebody pays them enough, they'd release it. I was told at one time they will not release it to private land owners. Don't know if that still holds true.

Thanks Capt!

I came across this link a while back, but know nothing further then what it shows. Click on the Furguson link on the left to see the map. You can zoom in and look around like a Google map. I have been curious for a couple months if the 3D was ever completed, (my property is in Brazos) and this is as far as I can get. I would like to know why you think Halcon funded part of this? The map is outside of the areas they show for the El Halcon except for a small piece. I have not heard they had much interest in Grimes.

http://seitel.com/seismic-activity/Pages/SeisActivityInProgress.aspx

Boris, Halcon is a big player in Madison and Brazos counties. They have more than 6,000 acres leased in Grimes County that I know of. However, negotiations for a new seismic survey are going on now for a 300 mile survey moving towards Brazos county. It may even include Brazos, but I don't know for sure. I think this new seismic survey will have to be done before any serious drilling occurs in Grimes county. CML has been active in the Iola/Cross area for over three years, but mostly NE or NW of Iola. Halcon has been rumored to be funding part of the new seismic survey. They may be planning on buy leases from other operators. Once the 3D seismic survey is completed, maybe a lot of folks will get some wells. At least we hope!

Robert,

The seismic information is more or less a trade secret of the companies performing the survey and paying for the information. It is very expensive to do the 3D seismic and they are not going to hand it over to mineral owners upon request. That being said, one can try to negotiate to get the information pertaining to their minerals. It is probably like pulling hens' teeth!

Captain, hang in there. You can get 25% but you have to play their game right now. Companies only pay 20% when they convince people that is all they will pay.