Grayson petroleum

I JUST RECIEVED A LETTER FROM GRAYSON PETROLEUM WANTING TO PUT A WELL ON THE PROPERTY I SOLD 30 YEARS AGO, I DIDNT KNOW I STILL HAD MINERAL RIGHTS, AND I DONT EVEN KNOW THE ADRESS, ALL I KNOW IS WHAT WAS IN THE LETTER W.R. RHODES SURVEY 26 ACRES COOKE COUNTY TEXAS,

ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

CHRIS

Need more information. Is the letter requesting an oil and gas mineral lease? Do you own 100% of the minerals? Is this Company trying to purchase your mineral rights? Since you no longer own the surface estate, and once the mineral lease is secured, the Company would have to deal with the surface owner as to well location and other issues of ingress and egress. Grayson Petroleum Company appears to be a very small Company with few employee’s based in Whitesboro, Texas.

THANK YOU I WILL DO SOME MORE LEG WORK

Mike Igau said:

Need more information. Is the letter requesting an oil and gas mineral lease? Do you own 100% of the minerals? Is this Company trying to purchase your mineral rights? Since you no longer own the surface estate, and once the mineral lease is secured, the Company would have to deal with the surface owner as to well location and other issues of ingress and egress.
Grayson Petroleum Company appears to be a very small Company with few employee’s based in Whitesboro, Texas.

You don’t need the address. Unless it is improved property (it has been issued a building permit in order to build a structure) it has probably not even been assigned an address. Take whatever information you have regarding the legal description (check your closing papers from the previous sale) as well as the letter describing the 26 acres Cooke County Texas property as per W. R. Rhodes Survey (should have a date of survey also) to the County mapping, tax assessment and/or recording department and they should be able to help you determine the location of such. It probably contains a section/township and range along with a legal description either described by metes and bounds or as part of a quarter section or quarter/quarter section (40 acres). Another option may be to contact the surveyor (if they are still in existence) with the date of such and they should be able to access the original.