Grady County Section 36-7N-05W

Just recently I found out that my father had inherited mineral rights from his grandmother (dated 1955). I was unaware of these mineral rights prior to my father’s passing in 1998. We have gone through the court process of probate and have recently received royalties from Continental Resource. I’m assuming they are continuing to drill/pool under the original order dated 2013. In January 2019, I received two packets from an attorney stating that they are proposing four new wells to be worked in the future on the same section of land. (Cause CD #900424, 426, 428, and 430). I did respond to the packet and was told that there was nothing I had to do at that time. They were scheduled for a hearing on February 11, 2019. My question is, what is my responsibility, if any, now that February 11, 2019 has come and gone? Do I just wait??? This is all new to me so any help would be most appreciated.

Just wait. You will get the orders when they are finished. You are held under the old 2013 order. Keep everything. You might want to put together a file for each of the wells. The decimal amounts may be slightly different if they are multi unit.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspxhttp://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

Thank you for your speedy response Ms. Barnes. I knew nothing about the original order from 2013 so I don’t know what it entails. I received a small portion of the order, and an Exhibit “A” showing my father’s name and address. It came from a gentleman who was advising me that royalties were being held with the Oklahoma State Treasury, and for a small fee, he would be willing to help me receive the money. I took care of that on my own. At any rate, just to clarify for me, the 2013 order will remain as is, but the new Cause CD #'s will generate a new order for 2019 with the possibility of a different rate? Thanks again…

The new orders will just tell where the wells will be and what rules they are drilled under. The royalties are set by the previous work back in 2013. No new rate. Smart for you to look up the unclaimed funds on your own. Much better to do it for free!

Thank you again for your wonderful knowledge! I see what you mean…I received the court paper work stamped dated 2/12/19 which does show the original order #, and does indicate that it is to be amended to add 4 additional wells. It will be going back to court March 4th.