Grady County Sect 7 - 7N - 8W

What is going on in this area? I have been approached by a landman (from TODCO out of Norman, OK) regarding leasing the mineral rights to this property. Of course, he is not disclosing the name of the company that is interested. Preliminary offer is for $450 per acre upfront bonus & 3/16 royalty for a 3 year obligation. Is anyone aware of any interest in this area & the amount of bonus per acre offered/payed? Any info on who the interested company might be? Any assistance appreciated.

On the Grady County group, there is a great deal of good information. The folks over there will be able to help you find out what the better lease terms are in the area.

Thank you, Myranda. I am a member of that group.

Myranda Shugart said:

On the Grady County group, there is a great deal of good information. The folks over there will be able to help you find out what the better lease terms are in the area.

Notice this posting was a while back but wanted to say I wouldn't lease with anyone that wouldn't tell me who he was leasing for. Also he was doing like the company we leased with and offering you a very low amount. We took only $650. an acre in what turned out to be a very hot area but we didn't know at the time. Turned out alright as they have now drilled (not completed yet) 6 wells to the Woodford on one section and the other company is planning to drill on another section. Hope yours turns out just as well. Best Wishes!

Geez, Louise: Linda, you have hit the jackpot! Good for you! Jim Brock