Grady County Sect 7 - 7N - 8W & Sect 17 - 9N - 8W

Our family holds mineral interests on these 2 parcels in Grady County, OK. Back in March we were contacted by a landman with a lease offer of $350 per acre signing bonus & 3/16 for a 3 year lease on the Sect 7 interests. We have been contacted again by this landman with a revised offer of $750 per acre signing bonus & 3/16 for a 3 year lease.Futhermore, he called back the very next day & increased the signing bonus to $829 per acre. What activity is going on in the area of Sect 7? For the signing bonus offer to more than double in less than 6 months, there must be something going on.

Is there any activity going on around the Sect 17 - 9N - 8W parcel?

We live in Florida & would appreciate any assistance.

I counted 8 leases filed since July in 7-7N-8W with TODCO being the primary lessee. All of the prior leases date 2008 and back. Section 7 is right next to the Caddo County line, so there may be activity there. I did not see any recent permits to drill that were close by in Grady County. I have not had a chance yet to check the OCC Case Processing Web for any applications that may have been filed. I was on the site earlier today and it requires me to reboot the computer before I can access it the next time.

Zero leases filed in 17-9N-8W.

Thanks for the info. Please post the info from the OCC Case Processing Web when you get it.

Don Bray said:

I counted 8 leases filed since July in 7-7N-8W with TODCO being the primary lessee. All of the prior leases date 2008 and back. Section 7 is right next to the Caddo County line, so there may be activity there. I did not see any recent to drill that were close by in Grady County. I have not had a chance yet to check the OCC Case Processing Web for any applications that may have been filed. I was on the site earlier today and it requires me to reboot the computer before I can access it the next time.

Zero leases filed in 17-9N-8W.

Francine - I checked the OCC Case Processing Web and so far no applications have been filed on your sections at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.

Thanks, Don.

Don Bray said:

Francine - I checked the OCC Case Processing Web and so far no applications have been filed on your sections at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.