Grady County, OK - General Discussion

Hi, Wondering if you know whats going on in section 5 township 6 north range 5 west. Keep getting notices from Marathon about another well. Any thoughts?

If you are getting the official notices, then that is what Marathon is/was proposing. I find it helpful to put the notices in numerical order and then in date order to follow what is happening. That way you can see if cases have been extended in time, when the new times will be, what the wells will be called, etc. Nothing to do but wait until all the legal work is finished. Depending upon the case numbers, some of the wells in section 5 have been dismissed.

Thank you for your response. Is there a reason why Section 5 has been dismissed?

Only the company knows their reasons. Sometimes they file again and sometimes they move onto something else instead.

I see your old family place for sale.

1 Like

@Jimbo_Jonas I did not know that. Thanks!

I was wondering where do you look to find the sales of any mineral acres and the price paid? Is that public knowledge or private.

You can look for sales on www.okcountyrecords.com The price paid is usually private, but you can sometimes figure it out by reading the deed and using the value of the document stamp amount paid. One person suggested the following: The document fee divided by 1.5 times 1,000 equals the total amount of the transaction. If the number of acres are given that would be divided into the total amount to get the price per acre.

This thread looks like the Grady catch-all, so I have a curiousity to post about. I got a letter today with a lowball offer to buy some Grady County minerals in Sec 16 6N-7W.

My mom had owned a bit there for years. Its right on the edge of Chickasha, about where near The Chief drive-in movie. Nothing had ever gone on with it. I figured it was too close-in to drill. Anyone know of activity in the area?

Similar question…determining lease values with “nine spot” of pooling numbers. (Or other methods.) I had a lease agent call on a Grady property and in the conversation he said he looked at pooling history for the section in question and the 8 surrounding properties. Then went on to say they use that as benchmark when leasing, and rarely will offer more. He quoted some from 2017 and 2018. Seems like good information to know.

How do I do that? Look at a map, figure out those sections and look them up individually somehow on the Corporation Commission website?

If you have particular questions about a specific section, it is better to post in a new thread within the Grady County topic.

To go ahead and answer your question, you are getting officer because there are quite a few OCC cases pending in the sections surrounding Sec 16. The one that triggered it is probably the recent Increased Density case for Section 17. Auto letters seem to be sent out when those increased density cases are filed. Probably is a lowball offer. Horizontal drilling is moving your direction.

Usually the poolings need to be in the contiguous sections within the last 12 months, so 2018-19 cases are too old.

You can look up the poolings on the OCC website. Takes a bit of legwork but can be done. Look up your section of interest and then look up the eight contiguous sections around it.

The OCC had one way of looking them up before March 2022 (OAP) but you had to know the case number.

This is how you get the number: Case Processing Online Put in CD for the Case Type

and now there is a new one. You can set up an account and then can look up by section, township and range.

https://occsecurity.public.occ.ok.gov/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2Fconnect%2Fauthorize%2Fcallback%3Fclient_id%3DECF.External%26redirect_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fecf.public.occ.ok.gov%252Fsessions%252FupdatingUserToken%26response_type%3Dcode%26scope%3Dopenid%2520profile%2520ECF.Api%26nonce%3D05b10d4e4b25c567fe45751e8fd86a3b68xdiGBlN%26state%3Dae58d036bb89359eb84ccdc7bef0b763fb0f15yIR%26code_challenge%3DAaOXQaywP92EgmxNGn5KoM5UXQuvFttHOArhV8Jyo8M%26code_challenge_method%3DS256

Thank you! I’ll give that a try.

Recent and not so recent Mineral Deed sales concerning Section 31-8N-7W:

Recorded 12/2016 - 33.45/NMA @ $4,250/Acre - 7 months later resold for $9,000/Acre.

Recorded 10/2022 - 75/NMA @ $6,250/Acre - 2 days later resold for $7,500/Acre.

Note: 3 new multi-unit horizontal wells just spud this month that will include Section 31-8N-7W. I am a little puzzled with 3 new wells that the price per acre is $1,500 an acre less than 5 years earlier. Unless it has something to do with the royalty rate.

1 Like

KEM RANCH WELLS… received email from Energylink that electronic deposit coming November 25… Four months of production on first check.

Don, how many of the 5 new wells are producing ? Thanks for the update.

All five of the wells are producing.

1 Like

All 5… Best production by well is 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, Nothing showing for the oldest well number 1.

1 Like

Thanks Don and Martha, very good news. I believe I hear the tax man’s feet approaching.

Yep, save some for that guy… :+1:

1 Like