Grady County, OK - General Discussion

Yup. What’s going on? Jim B

The only production I see in section 9 is from Unit from a vertical well. Larkin 1-9

Camino wants to drill a multi-unit lateral through sections 4 and 9. Sometimes, they get a delay if the courts are backed up or they aren’t quite ready with the exhibits they need to present.

I’m in talks with Blue Chip right now about leasing my minerals. Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

Your welcome. Unfortunately we are having a hard time finding a company to lease our property now due to use waiting so long on Blue Chip. I just don’t want to see anyone else go through what we he had to. If you do consider leasing with them I would definitely not send a signed copy back to them without writing do not file on it until payment. Good luck.

JB

1 Like

Never ever send a signed copy of a lease to these leaseing companies. 1)Make a copy of your signed lease 2) write DO NOT FILE with a bold pen in BIG letters on each page. 3) When you receive the funds ( Bank Wire or cashiers check ) deliver the Orginal signed lease… I have done this several ways… An in-person meeting, Wired funds, UPS overnight letter etc. … If you send them the lease - send it US Postal Certified, UPS traceable, FedX and email the Trace number to the lessee… The problem is if you deliver the lease without getting funds – many times they will just try and “FLIP” the lease, and will 1) pay you when they re-sell it 2) not pay you if they can’t resell it. And if they file the lease you will have to get a release from them --if they don’t pay you-- before any other lesee will deal with you for a new lease… Don’t get into that mess – have cash in the bank before you give them them lease!!!

2 Likes

Thanks a heap, Martha. Jim

Lynn…My Mother and Father purchased Section 33 6N 6W, Grady Cnty in 1947. Good to see your post!!! C. Susie Parnell Windham

Just checking my understanding of what Mbo and MMcf means… 1 Mbo = 1,000,000 barrels of oil? 1 MMcf = 1,000,000 cubic feet of gas?

1Mbo = 1000 1Mmbo = 1000,000

1 Like

1Mbo usually means 1000 bbls oil.
1MMcf usually means 1,000,000 cubic feet of gas. Each M means 1000.

I other contexts, the M might mean something else.
Oil usually measured in single barrels. Gas is measured in mcfs

3 Likes

Have you heard any prices offered for mineral in section 11-6-7? I’ve received an offer just checking if it’s a good offer for 1/8 interest! The latest offer is $7,320.00 an acre. Opinions? Thanks Rita Estes

Rita, I just had a call yesterday from Land Run Minerals who does leasing work for Camino. They were offering $800,000 for our 80 acres that is leased to Camino at a 1/5th interest. That’s only $10,000 per acre which isn’t nearly enough. I’ll believe I’ll keep holding onto my minerals. If they want them, there is good reason.

Thanks for the info Terisa

Just getting ramped up again after a year of waiting for title to be cleared. My rights are in 8 10N 8W. To the best of my understanding now, I have to make a claim to the Oklahoma unclaimed property for bonus and production payments. Will also need to contact the driller for future payments. Does this sound about right for those in the know? Or am I missing something. My sister was handling a lot of the contact info and her house was leveled by a direct hit of F3 tornado in Ohio with all of her paperwork gone with the wind. I know it was a pooling interest, does anyone know the driller and contact info?

I am so sorry to hear about your sister.

Two pooling orders have been issued. Try contacting the Operators first as the statute time may not have elapsed to turn over to the state yet. The first pooling was case 201702192 with an order date of 12.28.17. Order number 671490. The attorney contact at the time of the pooling was: TPR MID-CONTINENT, LLC 9020 NORTH CAPITAL OF TEXAS HIGHWAY, BUILDING 1 SUITE 170, AUSTIN 78759 Contact Name: BENJAMIN J. BROWN Contact Phone: 918-382-9437

The second pooling was 201801638 Same company. Order date was 5.8.19, Order 677430. Look both of them up on the OCC OAP site and look at the respondents list to see which one had your ancestor on it or you on it. Then send a request by certified return receipt letter requesting your pooling bonus. OAP

You can also check at the unclaimed funds state office just in case.

The Richardson 1H-08 was spud on April 8, 2018 from section 1710N08W. It went north into section 8. Test

The active date according to the OK Tax site was 6/26/18. Contact the Division Order Department of Travis Peak Resources (TPR) see address above to request that you be put into pay status. Ask for your interest payment. Again, use certified return receipt mail. Explain who you are, who you received title from and you may need to send a copy of the title documents. See what they need.

Thank you for your concern, luckily they made the basement before the house was destroyed and they were not physically injured, very traumatized. Your knowledge and help is amazing - very much appreciated. I did not find anything on the unclaimed website, so will contact Mr Brown for next step. Thanks again!

Wanted to provide an update for your future information and anyone else on this board about TPR Mid-Continent LLC. They were acquired by Paloma Resources in February of this year. I am working to establish contact with Alice Parker in their TPR owners acquisition group. The oil patch is a fickle business… these companies pop up like whack a moles. Thanks again M_Barnes for helping me get started in the right direction.

1 Like

Does anyone know about sec27 9n 6w. recently received info in more wells in this sec. can anyone confirm

also where would you look to find future drilling projects

You will find permits on the OCC well records site. Test

Be sure to look in the surrounding sections as they may have the surface location on a different section.

If there is pending activity on your section, you will get the OCC mailings on it. Make sure your name and address are correctly filed at the county and affiliated with your legal location. You should have quite a few of these coming from the OCC for Jones Energy. They have an increased density case pending and quite a few followup cases related.

1 Like