Grady County Help

Hello, My mother just passed and owns mineral rights in Grady County. Wanted to know how to find out what they are worth and if I should sell them?

An undivided ⅓ interest in an undivided ⅙ interest in the oil, gas and other minerals in and under the W ½ of NW ¼, and W ½ of SE ¼ of NW ¼, and SE ¼ of SE ¼ of NW ¼ of Section 22, Township 4N, Range 8W, Grady County, Oklahoma

Sorry for you loss.

You asked two of the most difficult questions, the value of the minerals and whether you should sell them.

Grady County has had lots of development. The value of your minerals relates directly to the geography and drilling activity in the area. You should begin with an understanding of the income your mother was receiving and whether any new wells are in the works. I’m sure others will chime in on that issue.

Whether to sell is a very personal question which depends on your finances, the value of the property and the impact a transfer may have on your heirs. Some like to keep the minerals in the family. For others that is not a concern.

If producing, then you should contact the companies to determine what is needed to get the minerals into pay status for yourself and other heirs.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.