Grady County Drilling in 2020

What is Continental doing these days in Grady County? Are they actively drilling or just on hold?

I wouldn’t say actively drilling. They plan on running 4 rigs through the end of the year, outside of their Bakken play. I have several drilled but uncompleted wells with them now that there is no timeline for completion. IMHO, price of oil & gas are still too low to begin actively drilling.

Continental has spudded four wells in 3N 5W in the past six weeks—the most recent of them (Eula Mae 6) just a week ago. That’s fairly “active” given their much-shrunken exploration program, though as Todd notes, whether they’ll formally complete any of these new wells under current conditions is anyone’s guess.

David: Are there actual rigs on the locations that are capable of drilling to total depth or did they just use spudder rigs to set surface casing? I see the OCC spud notices but those don’t mean there are rigs capable of drilling to total depth on location. But 3 is better than none.

I have a Continental well in 35-6-7. Production has dropped to almost nothing. Anyone know what’s going on with the Rawlings 1-35-2XH? Last I was zpaid on was June. :flushed:

Terisa: The Rawlings is a gas well, not making much oil. The well was more than likely shut in most of June & July. If the well went back on line in August then your October check should reflect that and be better.

Excellent question, Todd–I don’t know. Eula Mae 2, 4, and 5 have top holes along the southern edge of section 14 of 3N 5W. Perhaps someone in the vicinity–and with some oil field knowledge–could judge based on a look-see? (The newest spud, Eula Mae 6, is set to begin from the SE corner of section 26.)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.