Grady County 24-9N-5W

I signed a lease agreement with Tundra Energy in July 2018, and at the same time, my sister signed a lease agreement with a different company. We have adjacent mineral rights and inherited them simultaneously. Within a couple months, she received her bonus amount. I have still received nothing. The several times I’ve been in contact with Tundra, they continue to tell me that they can’t pay my bonus yet because of things being held up in court with pooling, but they can’t tell me why that wouldn’t apply to my sister’s lease. Is it possible for there to be such contradictory situations in the same land section? What should I do to settle this? It’s clear that they are dragging their feet and have no intention of honoring their agreement.

Yes, that sort of thing can happen. That is why it is so important to never hand over a signed lease without getting paid. I have a feeling your company may have flipped to someone else and is waiting to get paid from them. Did you have a draft letter that went with the lease that said they would pay you within a certain number of days? If so, read it and follow the directions. If not, then you need to see if your lease has been filed. Then you can try to get it released for non-payment. The Grady online portal is: idocmarket.com

Roan was going to drill that section. However, they are getting bought out by another company. In the meantime, EOG has also filed for quite a few wells. It is quite a mess and may drag out for a while.

1 Like

I found out today that Grady County is no longer on the online portal idocmarket.com. They have gone back to using the okcountyrecords.com.

3 Likes

I’m sure glad you posted this. No telling how long I would have gone on using it and kept missing new recordings. Idocmarket still works, just not indexed passed 10/31.

Thanks again for passing this along.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that. I wish they would stay in once place, but glad they are on okcountyrecords again.

2 Likes

Yes, I have a draft letter. It says they will pay within 45 days. And, yes, it was filed October 2018.

Did you present the draft to the collections department of your bank?

No, I didn’t realize that was an option. Thank you for suggesting it.

1 Like