Grady 28-4n-7w

I recently came across a check stub to my father-in-law from newfield exploration showing settlement and it lists “alva 1-28” but I’m not clear on the specifics of whatever the settlement was for. The amount just a few dollars yet the amount on one of the court document pages was in the millions. Just trying to figure out what’s going on and whether or not it means there are still mineral rights involved for the estate. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome back.

It was probably for a settlement due to underpayment of royalties. They have your father-in-law as a mineral holder for that well. That well is located in 28-4N-7W and has been online since 1986. Last production was in 2017. The well is located in the NE quarter of the section. There is another well that is still online in the SW4 of the section. BRG Petroleum is the operator and the name is ENG 1-28. The well is spaced at 640 acres, so it is possible that he may have royalties associated with it.

Look his name up on www.okcountyrecords.com and see if you can find a deed or if he sold his mineral rights. The online records only go back to the early 90’s depending upon county.

You might also want to run your father-in-law’s name through these databases.

Oklahoma Unclaimed Property Search

Multi-State Unclaimed Search

Mineral Interest Escrow Account Search

Thank you M Barnes! Because of this and some other information I have found upon digging more, my husband and I will be making the trip to the area to physically look in the books for any transfers or anything. We also stumbled upon some other information regarding another area in another county as well. So, it’s not just for one place, it’s actually for 3 total. I certainly have my work cut out for me for a couple of days.

Thank you Richard Winblad! I did find his name on the unclaimed property search for Oklahoma, but not for his mother who we think still owned the mineral rights. But more in person digging at the court house will answer that for us for sure!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.