Goodson 1-28H Three Forks test well

Is having a test well a good thing? Goodson 1-28H is a producing test well in the Hamlet field 28-160-96. Will they drill into the upper bakken here or is it Three Forks land? Also hardly any oil revenue this month (June). Do they play around with test wells? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Richard,

This is not longer a "test well" . And you have some questionable information. The well was completed in the Middle Bakken and was not drilled to the Three Forks which MAY give you something to look forward to. CRI has done a good job of exploiting the Bakken here and the well should pay out for CRI then make some good money. The decline cure looks good to me but may have had a reporting error for water in the past month or so. Check your payment info and you will see that June payment is for April or May production. That is about when the hiccup in the water curve took place but it seems to be back on a consistent decline.

Congratulations on hanging in with this well and your acreage. the well now has a predictable future and a sale of all or part of your interest can be determined if you ever have a need. Contact me if I can be of service, I have other interests under management in Divide. You are in a sweet spot east of the uplift and can expect some offset well in the distant future.

1 Like

Richard, if you have not already you need to look at the GIS map on the NDIC O&G site and look about two miles east of your spacing.

Are you talking the tioga field because we have 320 acres township 160 north range 98 west section 33 sw ?think it says . What's going on there? Looks like there are legs near that land. Also Continental leased it in 2000 I believe ,shouldn't we be able to re-lease this land being it was a 4 year lease or did they do something to keep it open. Thank you for any help.

Richard,

This legal description is in Divide County and Baytex has permitted a well including Section 33. It is also some miles NNW of the Hess Tioga Units. Check the legals.

Gary Hutchinson.

Richard said:

Are you talking the tioga field because we have 320 acres township 160 north range 98 west section 33 sw ?think it says . What's going on there? Looks like there are legs near that land. Also Continental leased it in 2000 I believe ,shouldn't we be able to re-lease this land being it was a 4 year lease or did they do something to keep it open. Thank you for any help.