Good price for selling mineral rights

I have been approached by Antero about buying my mineral rights in Wetzel County. There are two tracts, one in the Green district and one in Grant. They have offered $6,500 per net mineral acre. The property is currently producing, and has been for about 7 years. I thought it was a good deal until I saw what people were offered just for leasing. Is this a good deal? If not, what would be an acceptable offer? This is only their first offer, so I have plenty of room to negotiate. Just need to know what a good deal would be, or if anyone knows who would be a good person to contact in reference to this. Thanks.

1 Like

I moved this over to Wetzel County for you.

1 Like

I was offered same terms about a year ago- Wetzel County/Green District.

1 Like

Did you counter offer? I am just wondering how valuable they are and whether they would be willing to pay more. I’m not really trying to sell them, but for the right amount I may consider it.

Shortly after that offer, the land man was reassigned elsewhere and the offer- which was proposed by him- got dropped without final acceptance of our counter offer by the developer. Several land men have been involved- each offering different terms and representing several companies/developers including EQT, Antero and independent brokers. Each time is like starting all over and each time there have been various offers mostly to enter a lease. However, their appetite toward cutting a deal seems to be constantly fluctuating. Due to our rather small acreage amount and the rather remote location I believe that it just may not quite as compelling for them to pursue either a purchase or a lease deal. However, even though our stake is small, the legal aspect is challenging. We engaged some legal help initially but once it became apparent that our piece of the pie was so small, we’ve placed it on the back burner.