Good old days

Our mineral acres in 138N and 91W were last leased in in June 1974 by Inland Oil & Gas.

No interest lately?

Dick L.

We have some acreage in 138N, 93W that was leased back in 2008. The lease is set to expire so we will be testing the waters to see what kind of interest there might be.

My mineral acre is in 137 N Range 91 West, section 24. Signed a lease w Crouch Companies back in 2010 (?); proved to be very messy. Crouch recorded our leases in Stark County Courthouse. Crouch in turn assigned lease to Chesapeake Oil or another broker. However, Chesapeake did not follow through. Thus Crouch did not pay us all that we were owed. He did make partial payment, however. Crouch blaming Chesapeake, Chesapeake blaming Crouch. We were told: water is mixed in w/oil in our area, haven't hit a pocket of oil yet. Word will get around. Traditionally, an oil company signs up w a broker. An ex-partner of Crouch formed Idea Energy. Someone filed a "Lis Pendens" (spelling) Lawsuit against our mineral lease. Complicated. Tied up our payments. We received partial payment. Crouch won't release our titles for other company. Just be careful who you sign with. Hard to understand for lay-person on what went on with our lease.

Never accept a partial payment, nor a binder payment of $10 or $50. Your legal standing is better in my opinion if you demand all or nothing. If you have never received anything, line through the $10 or more cash in hand part.

My family has mineral acreage in 139N 95W with previous 5 year lease set to expire very soon, very curious to hear what kind of interest there might be in this area?