Good attorney

Hi All,

First of all, I'm posting this in a few different groups so my apologies in advance if it shows up multiple times in one location. I recently discovered that I inherited mineral rights in Creek County OK, Section 11 Township 17N Range 9E. I was offered 250.00 an acre with 3/16 3 years with no extension. This bonus will make a big difference in my life but I have read enough on this board to know that I should not sign a lease without having someone look at it first. The problem is that I don't have much liquid cash to pay an attorney. Does anyone know of a good attorney who would charge me a reasonable rate to review the lease and make what ever changes are necessary to protect my interests in the future? The attorney I asked said $500, which I don't have. Do you think that is about what I'm going to have to pay to get this done? It's really a catch 22 because although I SHOULD be receiving this bonus money, I don't have it yet and from what I understand, there are no guarantees. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone could offer. Have a good thanksgiving everyone!!!!!

What you were offered (250, 3/16, 3yrs no extension) is exactly what I asked Dark Horse Energy to give me for 17-16N-9E. They refused and said I would have to wait for forced pooling. Anywtay, I have seen several folks on here offer to advise you on what to make sure a contract includes and excludes. These folks seem to have a lot more experience in the contracting than most of us. I would let them give you suggestions. They even agree to review the contract for you. Hopefully you won't have to pay a legal fee by using their expertise.

Thanks Richard....I haven't had anyone offer to look over my lease yet. I really don't want to impose on anyone.