Gonzo hunter well - Magnum Hunter Resources, Operator

Interesting to see the official IP report at 605 BOE/Day. In their October investor call the companies CEO had said that they were delaying the official IP test as the well results are improving as the well “cleans up” and then he alluded that the official results would likely fall in the 1,000 to 2000 BOE/Day range.

Will be curious once the report is filed at the TRRC to see how many days the well was online before the testing and exactly how much oil was produced prior to the test. Wondering what the choke/restriction size is on the well during the test and also whether they might have actually been waiting a while until the intial decline started to take hold before testing in order to keep the #'s more modest while still leasing land in the area?

In any event, a very respectable well, and one that helps prove up the viability of EF formation for the area.

gary hoover said:
Anybody know the pooled unit size on the Gonzo Hunter No. 1? This just posted on the Magnum Hunter website (less than previously suggested, but still pretty good, assuming the EUR is correct):

Gonzales County

Magnum Hunter's first well drilled in the Eagle Ford Shale oil-window is the Gonzo Hunter #1-H located in Gonzales County, Texas. The Patterson Drilling Rig #135 spud the Gonzo Hunter #1-H well on June 10, 2010 and was drilled approximately 9,750 vertical feet plus approximately 4,365 horizontal feet. An 11 stage frac job commenced on September 14, 2010. On October 11, the Gonzo Hunter's-#1-H well initiated production at an initial production rate ("IP") of 605 barrels of oil equivalent per day ("Boepd") and 412 Bbls per day of water. Currently, the Gonzo Hunter #1-H is producing approximately 398 Boepd and 110 Bbls per day of water. Magnum Hunter currently estimates the economic ultimate recovery ("EUR") for the Gonzo Hunter #1-H to be 362,000 Boe. Magnum Hunter is the operator of the well and owns a 50% working interest.

I think the CEO at the October meeting said “barrels of fluid” not “barrels of oil.”

An important point to note is that per Magnum Hunter’s own website, this is their first Eagle Ford well. It’s almost a certainty that subsequent wells drilled by Magnum Hunter in the Eagle Ford will incorporate knowledge learned here and will make them more productive.

Penn Virginia is currently drilling on the Tracen Gardner 320 acre Oil Unit in Gonzales County a little N/NW of the Southern Hunter & Hunt Oil Company has filed a permit for the #1H - Cinco J. Ranch near the #2 that they are currently drilling just off of Highway 90A.

MST: I was looking at the RRC site concerning what you wrote and saw that just today Magnum Hunter has applied for a permit for something called Gonzo North. The location says 9.0 mi SE of Waelder, which sounds like Old Moulton to me. No API yet, but hopefully this link will work. http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=GONZO%2BNORTH&univDocNo=486332122

WI, I’ll have to check that one out. I might drive over there this afternoon to see if I can spot the location. Thanks for the info.

MST: Don’t know if you had a chance to look at the plat on the RRC site, but the surface location is south of FM 1680 maybe 1000 feet. The plat says that it’s 3.5 mi from Moulton. Good luck.

I’d be curious to know how far it is from the original Gonzo Hunter well.

Just comparing the two plats, I would estimate the new Gonzo North well is roughly 3/4 of a mile east, northeast of the original Gonzo Hunter well. If you look closely on the plat for the Gonzo North, it actually has the Gonzo Hunter shown as a dotted line. Look in the southern part of Tract 3, Carlotta Fairchild, and you will see the surface location, the penetration point just to the northwest, and then the rest of the lateral heading off to the northwest.

Washington Irving said:

MST: Don’t know if you had a chance to look at the plat on the RRC site, but the surface location is south of FM 1680 maybe 1000 feet. The plat says that it’s 3.5 mi from Moulton. Good luck.

I’d be curious to know how far it is from the original Gonzo Hunter well.

Interesting that being so close in proximity, this new well would not be called Gonzo Hunter #2H instead of the new Gonzo North. I’m unfamiliar with the naming rules, though.

A new well permit application is now listed on the TRC website. Flatonia East Unit, Fayette County, 1.6M E of Flatonia. Southern Bay Operating, API 149-33221, horizontal, 16,500 ft. If you are interested you may be able to pull it up w/ this link:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/publicQuerySearchAction.do

Has Magnum Hunter officially released the IP results for the Gonzo Hunter 1-H well? How can you go about finding those reports on the RR Commission site?

JL said:

A new well permit application is now listed on the TRC website. Flatonia East Unit, Fayette County, 1.6M E of Flatonia. Southern Bay Operating, API 149-33221, horizontal, 16,500 ft. If you are interested you may be able to pull it up w/ this link:

This is all I’ve heard…
http://www.magnumhunterresources.com/pressreleases.html Look under the Nov. 10th Eagle Ford Drilling Update

Magnum reported the IP at 605 BOE/Day at an investor’s presentation in early November.

Completion report now does come up on the TRRC website, but no official info yet listed - just listed as “work in progress”.

ttl said:
Has Magnum Hunter officially released the IP results for the Gonzo Hunter 1-H well? How can you go about finding those reports on the RR Commission site?

JL said:

I haven't posted on this thread in a while, so I'm curious if anyone can tell me about the Geo Hunter? Have they started? Are they done? Any news on that?

Also, any rumors of anything over toward Breslau? I've got nothing specific... just wondering. Thanks.

Nothing on that pad as of yet. Heard the rig that moved from Southern Hunter to Gonzo North, may come back to the Geo Southern site. Coffee shop talk at its best, nothing else.

Washington Irving said:

I haven't posted on this thread in a while, so I'm curious if anyone can tell me about the Geo Hunter? Have they started? Are they done? Any news on that?

Also, any rumors of anything over toward Breslau? I've got nothing specific... just wondering. Thanks.

Is there any information on a new well or permit called the Stag well or Stag Hunter well by Sharon Resources?

Luke

Got the info I need, Thanks