Gonzo hunter well - Magnum Hunter Resources, Operator

The information came Loren Leiker chief geogogist for EOG Resources at the the Johnson Rice Energy Conference on Oct. 5, 2010 you can listen to his presentation at http://www.eogresources.com/investors/investor_pres.html I put a new EIA map just now at http://eaglefordinfo.blogspot.com/2010/10/collection-of-eagle-ford-maps-from.html

Washington Irving said:

W G, I’m excited about the latest map that you posted here http://eaglefordinfo.blogspot.com/2010/10/collection-of-eagle-ford-… with the orange line running SW-NE. The accompanying text is even more encouraging. My place is almost on the line if you extend it on to the NE into Fayette County, but before I go out and buy two or three Escalades, can you provide some background as to where you got that information? Thanks.

I just checked the RRC site (10/31/10 @5:12pm) and there’s some additional news on there. Sharon Resources, AKA Magnum Hunter just filed a well permit in Lavaca County. They electronically filed the paperwork on 10/29 so it doesn’t even have an API number yet. Look for the GEO HUNTER #1H, and it’s listed as being 3.07 miles NW of Shiner. This should be really close to their SOUTHERN HUNTER #1H (API 177-32127) just to the west in Gonzales County.

The Geo Hunter drill site is being constructed as we speak. I live in Shiner & just drove out there yesterday evening. It’s off of Hwy. 90A @ C.R. 366 in Lavaca County but right on the county line. It’s a couple of miles away from the Southern Hunter which is on the opposite side of Hwy. 90A in Gonzales County.

Wow. Thanks for the info, MST. Considering that they just filed the Geo Hunter application a couple of working days ago, they’re pretty quick on the trigger with the site prep. So is Southern Hunter actually being drilled? Is the rig on site? I would guess that the same rig will then move to Geo Hunter when they’re done.

My son’s in-laws are from Shiner so I’m having some thrills just by association.

Have you heard about any activity to the northeast toward Witting?

By the looks of things the rig on Southern Hunter has been drilling for close to 3 weeks and it would make perfect sense to move across the road to Geo Hunter, but who said oil companies have to make perfect sense? Hunt is also drilling their first Gonzales Coounty well across Peach Creek, about 8 miles or so toward Gonzales on 90-A.

Don’t forget, Penn Virginia has also filed, and are prepping the drillsite for the Gardner et al well close to the Southern Hunter in Gonzales County as well.

How about the Weber Energy - Hall #1H that the RRC says is 4.4 miles NW of Shiner. Has anything started on that one yet? It’s in Lavaca County.

I drove by the Hall #1H this past weekend and it’s still just a completed pad…been that way for a couple months. I don’t know what’s going on with Weber. Also drove by the Southern Hunter well…I know that rig has been on for a few weeks now.

Washington Irving said:

How about the Weber Energy - Hall #1H that the RRC says is 4.4 miles NW of Shiner. Has anything started on that one yet? It’s in Lavaca County.

I haven’t hear what’s going on with the Weber-Hall. I monitor the permits on a daily basis and try to drive the locations atleast once a week. If I see or hear anything I’ll let you know.

MST / Chad / Morgan: Thanks very much for the info. All of us from the SE Fayette County area are watching these developments with a huge amount of interest, but if you check the RRC site, you’ll see NO permits filed in Fayette County other than Austin Chalk north around La Grange. Not our time yet, I guess.

I am in Fayette, too. With all the recent leasing activity, i would have thought there would be some permit apps in Fayette by now. Anyone know what is happening w/ that?
Washington Irving said:

MST / Chad / Morgan: Thanks very much for the info. All of us from the SE Fayette County area are watching these developments with a huge amount of interest, but if you check the RRC site, you’ll see NO permits filed in Fayette County other than Austin Chalk north around La Grange. Not our time yet, I guess.

John, there have only been 3 wells permitted in Fayette County in the last 120 days, the last being 8/31. And 2 were Austin Chalk wells & no Eagle Ford wells. It’s coming. They still haven’t proven anything in Lavaca County yet.

i am in colorado county is there eagle ford activity in colorado county

Lola, there have been 17 wells permitted in Colorado County in the last 120 days, but none are classified as Eagle Ford wells.

lola vernice warner said:

Most of the recent O&G company’s maps are showing Colorado County outside of the Oil Window for Eagle Ford but potentially still within the dry gas and maybe wet gas window of the trend.

I’ve posted some of those maps on another discussion on this site that is tracking developments on the Northeastern boundries of the Eagle Ford trend as they continue to be further defined and expanded:

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/forum/topics/eagle-ford-play-northeast

lola vernice warner said:

Chevron buying Atlas Energy for huge premium announced today. That should bode well for Eagle Ford landowners. Carrizo today says the Chevron deal was done at “substantial” premium to their earlier deal with Reliance. In earlier deal this year Reliance paid Pioneer $14,000 per net acre for dry gas window acreage. Latest news, commentary, big picture look at Eagle Ford at http://eaglefordinfo.blogspot.com/2010/10/latest-eagle-ford-news.html Thinks are looking up and getting better every day for landowners still not leased. We are very early in the play, no need to rush to sign a lease now with acreage going up as we speak.

WG: A huge well has just been announced in the Barnett Shale near Arlington. Chesapeake’s well is only 3900’ in length for the lateral and only 8 frac stages. It was reported that the well produced 18MMCFD average for the month of September. Even if this number was the IP it would still be significant. The normal production from a typical Barnett well is 1-2MMCFD. What a huge difference. While they are apparently in a “sweet spot” zone, Chesapeake’s District Manager also revealed improved completion technologies as part of the reason for the good results. He would not reveal anymore indicating it was “proprietary” information. Assuming some breakthrough’s in new completion techniques this can certainly potentially increase the value of mineral leases in any shale play.
W G said:

Chevron buying Atlas Energy for huge premium announced today. That should bode well for Eagle Ford landowners. Carrizo today says the Chevron deal was done at “substantial” premium to their earlier deal with Reliance. In earlier deal this year Reliance paid Pioneer $14,000 per net acre for dry gas window acreage. Latest news, commentary, big picture look at Eagle Ford at http://eaglefordinfo.blogspot.com/2010/10/latest-eagle-ford-news.html Thinks are looking up and getting better every day for landowners still not leased. We are very early in the play, no need to rush to sign a lease now with acreage going up as we speak.

Mike Igau Thanks for the heads up on Chesapeake news, looks like well and frac design is improving by leaps and bounds. It won’t surprise me in the least to see EOG raise guidance on the 750,000 boe upper limit on their Eagle Ford wells. The CEO as much as said so the other day during their Q3 report. Says they are down sizing acreage projections needed for EFS wells and will be able to drill fewer wells to develop the play.

Mike Igau said:

WG: A huge well has just been announced in the Barnett Shale near Arlington. Chesapeake’s well is only 3900’ in length for the lateral and only 8 frac stages. It was reported that the well produced 18MMCFD average for the month of September. Even if this number was the IP it would still be significant. The normal production from a typical Barnett well is 1-2MMCFD. What a huge difference. While they are apparently in a “sweet spot” zone, Chesapeake’s District Manager also revealed improved completion technologies as part of the reason for the good results. He would not reveal anymore indicating it was “proprietary” information. Assuming some breakthrough’s in new completion techniques this can certainly potentially increase the value of mineral leases in any shale play.

W G said:

Anybody know the pooled unit size on the Gonzo Hunter No. 1? This just posted on the Magnum Hunter website (less than previously suggested, but still pretty good, assuming the EUR is correct):

Gonzales County

Magnum Hunter’s first well drilled in the Eagle Ford Shale oil-window is the Gonzo Hunter #1-H located in Gonzales County, Texas. The Patterson Drilling Rig #135 spud the Gonzo Hunter #1-H well on June 10, 2010 and was drilled approximately 9,750 vertical feet plus approximately 4,365 horizontal feet. An 11 stage frac job commenced on September 14, 2010. On October 11, the Gonzo Hunter’s-#1-H well initiated production at an initial production rate (“IP”) of 605 barrels of oil equivalent per day (“Boepd”) and 412 Bbls per day of water. Currently, the Gonzo Hunter #1-H is producing approximately 398 Boepd and 110 Bbls per day of water. Magnum Hunter currently estimates the economic ultimate recovery (“EUR”) for the Gonzo Hunter #1-H to be 362,000 Boe. Magnum Hunter is the operator of the well and owns a 50% working interest.

Don’t know if this link will work for you, but the RRC site says that the pool is 1022.26

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=GONZO%2BHUNTER&univDocNo=486089806

Goes to show about the accuracy of the Feed Store News Network. Seems like I had heard IP of somewhere in the 1500 - 2000 BOE. This also raises the question of a disposal well for all that water. Hope someone’s getting paid to put that back into the ground.