Gonzales County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Does anyone have a contact name for Forest Oil or another company that is leasing around Nixon and up FM 1117...should I contact them or wait for them to contact me? Many thanks.

Hello all. I am trying to educate myself on the leasing process. To begin with, I would like to know if there are plans for leases / drilling West of Waelder. Thompsonville area to be more specific. I have noticed activity remaining below I-10 primarily. Is my area even on the radar?

Hello Steven - kind of in the same boat as you; however we are even a little further west, closer to Harwood. Heard there was some sniffing around earlier this year; but I dont know of anything to come of it yet, at least nothing factual. Can anyone else assist with both Thomsonville area and Harwood, Tex areas? I have heard this seismic data site is good; but I dont understand what it all means. http://seitel.com/Pages/default.aspx ; have also been told that our area may be a future pearsall shale level play vs. eagleford. Unsure? Can anyone shed any light? Thanks in advance.

I’m with you SL. I don’t even have a grip on the vocabulary yet. That makes research difficult. I am concerned because I am hearing from people (Moulton, Shiner) that have a well going in on their fence line and they are getting nothing out of it except the noise, traffic, and mess. The whole thing has a covert feeling to it. I don’t want to find myself in the same situation. I only have 20 acres. That leads me to believe that I may not be approached. Are there any meetings concerning northern Gonzales county? Any advise out there to prevent missing out on the decision making process?

Steven - I don't know of any meeting in our area. We have some mineral ownership very near you in Thompsonville. The maps are confusing. I have reached out to another gentleman who appears to know a lot about gonzales and dewitt counties. http://eaglefordinfo.blogspot.com/2012/10/at-dug-eagle-ford-rosetta-resources.html?m=0 and http://eaglefordinfo.blogspot.com/2010/10/collection-of-eagle-ford-maps-from.html?m=0 ; on some slides it appears we are very close while others it appears we are "close, but no cigar" I will let you know if he is able to share his thoughts with me. Also, I have found that there is some very good info on twitter. Still feeling my way around that.

Thanks SL. I’ll take a look at the links.

Steven - found out there was a meeting recently held @ gonzales HS on oct 27th @ 8am; may call the HS to see what you can find out.

Great info, thank you Seth.

Mineral Owners,

I received an email from Divine Resources and DR asked me to post on the forum here. Basically, they are looking to put together 100,000 acres in Gonzales County for leasing. They are offering $1350 an acre, 23% royalty on a 3 year lease.

From the email: "we have applied for a loan to lease and drill this acreage out . My funding agent tells me today we are 99% on our loan coming through. We expect our funds to hit the bank within 60 days. We are very excited about this opportunity.We would like to put together 100,000 acres in Gonzales County. That is what we presented to our funding group. Please feel free to have anyone contact us at 830-998-4555 or email us." Please contact:

Jill Ferrell <jdferrell2@gmail.com>

JD Ferrell Fortune
Divine Resources LLC
PO Box 607
Floresville Texas 78114
830-998-4555

Hope this helps,

Sean

So, for $10, DR is 'locking' landowner in @ $1350/acre lease and 23%, for 4 months - woe to all those that sign; this is not a good deal.

Folks, the 'reasonable going rate' is around $4000 to $5000 an acre and 25%, if you land has liquids; and there are still lots of unknowns! There are units in Gonzales county that are approaching 1million barrels oil in less than a Year!! Don't sell yourself short.

Old Oak is probably right. I also would consider that DR is using these cheap commitments to get the loan, if they don't get enough commitments there will be no loan. Your commitment has considerable value, enough value that DR can use it to get a loanfor more than 13.5 million dollars. You have to watch out for the OPM [other peoples money] and no money down people in the oil business. I wouldn't count on seeing the bonus money.

We have mineral interest on 154 acres near the Gonzales/Karnes/Dewitt county lines. Is an offer from EOG of $1350 per acre and 20% royalty a fair offer?

Mike,

You can contact me @ 210-562-0688. I know of some companies that are leasing in that area and paying more then that. Feel free to contact me at anytime.

Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

I believe (speculating) that EOG has leased the bulk of the mineral interest on said 154 acres. Landman told me they are trying to put together a unit for immediate drilling. Not sure how much of a sales pitch that was but the drilling is definitely moving towards us since we are right in the sweet spot.

I've done tons of research and the offer sounds like a low-ball deal for land in the heart of it all. Maybe they figure my ignorance would have me jumping at their offer?

Hope everyone had a safe and very Happy New Year. After moving here from Houston, it is still a little hard to get used to the quiet sometimes. I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Divine Resources on their funding. Back in November, they were at "99%", early December, at "99%", and were looking for an operator. Just curious about what is going on with them as they were working my area. My oil & gas contacts have all said that their companies had slowed down till the end of the month, when leasing should start picking up again. Thanks, Charlie

I have a question on the depth of the Eagle Ford through Gonzales County. How does an ordinary land owner know if a production well has drilled through or a reached a depth that has penetrated the Eagle Ford formation on his property? I have a leaser who claims he drilled through the EF formation but all paper work on file shows the well is in the Austin Chalk. Please help.

There are completion reports on the RRCwebsite that state the depth they supposedly completed to.

Who can trace mineral rights in Gonzales County from 1968?

Thanks, M. Ellis

Last year my sister, brother and I signed oil, gas and mineral leases with EOG. We have mineral rights only and do not own the real property which is located in Gonzales County in the Peter Winn A-464 and G.W. A-380 Surveys (parcels 10014, 10002 and 8536). I have been told that the lease will go "in unit" in June. I'm not familiar with the process involved in developing a well and would appreciate any information that I can get on what going "in unit" means.

Hi, Seth, the "go in unit" information came from someone I talked to at Mitchell Petroleum Land Services; but, I haven't been able to get any more information from them. Thank you for your help.