Going rates for mineral rights in Belmont County Ohio

I have been contacted about selling my mineral rights in Belmont County Ohio, they haven’t given me a price yet but I was wondering if anyone knows what a fair price is per acre? We signed a lease with the same company for $7,000 an acre and a 20% royalty last year and now they want to buy the rights. Any information would be appreciated.

2 Likes

@Will_McFetridge, you’ll notice that we have organized this site to provide for questions/comments that relate to specific counties. A question like the one you’ve posted will serve everyone’s interests better (including yours) if it is placed in the Category that is specific to Belmont County Ohio. This, this post is going to be (has been) moved to it’s proper place.

For all those reading this post, help spread the word about the benefits of following this guideline.

1 Like

Will

it all depends on where you are located in Belmont County, and the other terms in your lease (gross@ mouth of well, market enhancement, net, etc), whether you are pooled/unitized, and the design of the unit - # of lateral feet, size of unit, etc.

if you want me to take a quick look, you can PM me and I’ll see if I can help shed some light on the subject.

regards Jeff

Hi Jeff we have 44 acres in Belmont County and have been offered 3000 in acre +20% gross lease. Wonder if you know how those stacks up in Belmont County. Thanks very much have a good day

1 Like