Going rate per acre

We own a very small parcel’s mineral rights in Cameron District. We recently received an inquiry as to our interest in leasing said rights. Was curious what the going rate is for signing bonus and monthly royalties?

There are a lot of leases being signed in Marshall Co. I would suggest a minimum of $4,000-4,500 per net acre and a royalty rate of 18%. Southwestern Energy and Tug Hill are the primary operating companies involved. You can scroll thru the records at the marshallcountywv.org site on the County Clerk page by book and page to see memorandums of leases filed. They will not show the bonus amounts or royalty percents but you can see where the leases are relative to your parcels which will be listed. I’d suggest starting around Book 1000 and page 1. A bit tedious but lots of info to go thru. They are currently on Book 1106 in their filings. Then check the Marshall County GIS site to track parcels. If you want to share your parcel number I would be happy to search for leases in that area. My leases are south of you in the Liberty District. I did a quick check and there are leases in the Cameron District in Book 1106 and pages 263, 266, 271 and 368 if you want to check and compare parcel numbers. Good luck.

Dave,

I urge you to consider approaching a professional to help with other provisions in the lease. While those two figures are important, there are other ones that can mean just as much to the bottom line of money received.

Dome has some great information in the reply.

Good luck! Hopes this helps.

Rachel