Going rate for lease

I have been offered 200.00 an acre in Leon County from Bentley Energy, L.L.C. and 1/6th royalty for a 3 year lease. The mineral rights are owned by 4 other family members. They want to try to get more. Is this a fair price and if I sign and they don’t what happens? Thanks so much for any replies. Deborah

I am not an expert in oil and gas, and I don't know where your land is Leon County. However, my family got more and a better royalty percentage, this past summer. They leased with Encana.

I meant to say that I don't know where in Leon County your land is located. My family's land abuts Hwy 39 about 2 miiles north of Robbins.

Thank you so much! I have researched and did see that Encana is doing a lot of permits and drilling. We are southeast of Buffalo off of 831 - not as much drilling there. Do you happen to know the name of a contact for Encana? I appreciate your time.

Deborah Pearson said:

Thank you so much! I have researched and did see that Encana is doing a lot of permits and drilling. We are southeast of Buffalo off of 831 - not as much drilling there. Do you happen to know the name of a contact for Encana? I appreciate your time.
I do not have access to the lease just now. You can look at records for Leon County free at https://www.texaslandrecords.com/txlr/TxlrApp/index.jsp. From my experience Encana probably has a middleman. Someone else on this may know who to trust. That is the hard part.

OK - thanks again - I will look at the website you kindly provided. So much appreciate your help! Have a Happy New Year!