Going price for land damage on drilling site

I am needing some information on prices that XTO is giving for land damage on a drilling site. We are about to negotiate for a horizontal drill site on our land. Love county, OK. Any information would be appreciated before we start this process…

Since no one answered you, I decided to give you some support.

Sorry, I don't know what the cash prices are being paid for damages. You say "any information." I apologize for advise you may not find helpful.

I would ask XTO for a written agreement of their cash offer and how they plan to use your land. In the meantime, I would locate an oil and gas attorney. Finding one will require some effort on your part. Ask around at the courthouse. Love County is small; word may get around at the courthouse about an attorney that is knowledgeable in oil and gas. I would also call CPA's in the area who might have a name.

There is lots of drilling in Love County. Do you know any of the landowners who have had wells drilled on their land? See if they will share information about their agreement with the oil company and if they will recommend an attorney they used.

Go visit with a couple of attorneys. It is possible they won't charge for the initial visit. Even if they do, it will be worth the fee and probably the fee is deductible.

Some 20 years ago, I helped my mother with damages on her land. There is a lot to consider regarding the care of the land, i.e., location of the well, location of roads, maintenance of the site, location of the gate onto your property, kind of gate, kind of lock on the gate, location of the tank batteries, no unnecessary equipment, resodding of the land, a time limit on clean up, mowing in the area, cattle guards, many other items only a oil and gas attorney can help you with.

GOOD LUCK!!!!