GLO GIS Viewer

I’ve used the old GIS public viewer over the years and now the new one (which is working a little better than the old one), but I cannot get it to identify wells or get me to the RRC well data. The old one worked last week, but today I can’t get well data on it either. I’m using Firefox, but tried in IE just in case it was my browser, but am having the same issues. I’ve checked every available data option that I can find in the new viewer to ensure the info would pop up, but all I get are pop-ups of the section/abstract info. Anyone have any ideas? I’m sure I’m probably doing something wrong, unless they’ve decided to remove that information. Thanks!

Lori

You have to check box at the top to identify Wells, and I have to use IE to get that button to appear. It will not appear in Chrome.

1 Like

Wade- Thanks for responding. Are you talking about the “identify” button on the old viewer that is still accessible? I cannot find a box at the top of the new viewer, other than the search box. Tried IE, not there. GLO website says they are discontinuing the original viewer on January 2nd, so I sure need to figure out how to make the newer one work. Still has bugs though, which is what they were trying to eliminate.

Lori,

I’ve found issues with the new map thingy and sometimes the RR commission is doing some temporary maintenance and within an hour or 2 it will be back working fine…hopefully that is your case.

Clint Liles

1 Like

Lori

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your problem but you labeled your question GLO GIS Viewer and then talked about having problems looking up RRC information there. If RRC data is what you are after why are you going through the GLO site instead of going directly to RRC’s?

Expect you’ve already got it but here’s the link for RRC’s GIS http://wwwgisp.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer2/

Sorry for the late reply, but I did want to say thank you. It’s entirely possible I was at the wrong site. They all look similar. My motherboard died a few months ago and I had to get another computer and I lost all of my bookmarks. I’ve been googling the RRC map site and it looks like some days I’ve gotten the right result and other days I’ve been at the GLO site. I’ll pay better attention now!