Given a Mineral Mess to Sort out - Help?

First Post: I’ve recently been put in charge of figuring out our multi generational family’s mineral rights in Duval Co TX and Oklahoma, Comanche and Cimarron Counties, Oklahoma. We’ve held them for at least 75 years but the family has ignored the topic for over 14 years so I have no idea what is going on, whose name some of these rights are in, or whether any drilling is taking place. This is a whole new language to learn. I have the legal descriptions and some deeds but I think I’d like to hire someone to tell me what we have, the chain of title, and status of any wells, orders, leases, etc. I have a draft letter ready to send to ask for quotes but I don’t know how to go about finding appropriate and reputable companies? (And is it a lawyer or a land man that I need?) And I have no idea what I might expect to pay for such a service. It is overwhelming but it has to be done. Taking any tips with gratitude…