GIS Map symbols

I have a question about the permit status before spud? Ours went from 181-270 days till spud to 71-180 days. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Also, I have a question of how it works when there are two wells on one pad?

thanks

Thelmarule, I would not worry about days until spud, either the well gets spudded or it does not.

I recall in your particular case your lease expired and the current lessee through assignment claimed you were held by continuing operations by a pad that was built much earlier than than the 180 days of your continuing operations grace clause would cover, while they tried to get you to sign a lowball lease, the skunks.

They can drill wells quite close together, if in the same formation they just need a short dogleg underground for horizontal separation, if in different formations they probably don't need a dogleg at all because the wellbores will have sufficient vertical separation. While I was chatting with Lynn Peterson, CEO of KOG, he told me they lay down tracks for the rig and when they finished drilling a well they just moved the rig over 50 feet and started the next. They probably have rigs now that have that much mobility themselves, "walking rigs". Absolutely fascinating, but so much of it is and I have to force myself to concentrate on my immediate concernes.

Thelmarule, good to hear from you again. I hope things are going well.